So Who Wants To Start The Recall? Or the Walkout?

image

I’m on board. We’ve got a freaking loser for Governor it seems.

You can picture him pacing back and forth in his office, “I want my fishies. Gimme my damn fishies. My precious. Precious. I want my precious.”

A friend suggests all the Republicans walk out of Sonny’s speech at the State Convention next month. Not a bad idea.

You know Sonny (and I know your people read here), you’ve been AWOL all session. You haven’t done a damn thing. And now you just stroll in at the last minute and wield the veto pen, making demands, and giving orders? That’s not leadership, sir. That’s not leadership. That’s crap.

1. GAWire says:

Do you realize that if Sonny’s veto is overridden/overrided/overroad (?), he might as well not even bother coming in to work for the rest of his term. He will be a laughing stock around the country and the RGA … the GOP Governor who couldn’t get along with a GOP Legislature.

Oh dear, what will little Nicky do?!? This could totally ruin his Congressional campaign (not to mention the judge in his court case might not even give in to Sonny’s pressure).

2. bowersville says:

Well Wire, if he got mad and let his temper override judgement and quacked like a duck, looked like a duck, limped like a duck and they overide his veto….he’s a lame duck.

3. Bull Moose says:

Erick is right on target with his comments.

The Governor has been AWOL this session.

Governor My Way or the Highway is going to be wasting money and time by this veto just because it doesn’t include money for his Go Fish program.

Count me in for the walk out at the state convention.

4. Bill Arp says:

this is very true….it seems the Governor is more concerned than ever about the redneck vote….you lost them on the Flag, Gov……they will not come back to you if you stock their ponds….

5. StevePerkins says:

With all due respect, who are you guys kidding? Wasn’t Sonny’s name being floated for the 2008 Vice President nomination not 2 or 3 weeks ago on Peach Pundit? (LOL)

If the state convention were next week instead of next month, then there MIGHT be some mild private grumbling in the hallways during breaks. However, I’ll be astounded if everyone hasn’t shut up and fallen back in line completely by a full month from now. I would love to be proven wrong… but if President Bush still isn’t seeing Republicans walk out on his public appearances, Sonny Perdue damn sure hasn’t sunk to that point yet either.

6. Jeff Emanuel says:

Steve, I’d love to see where that was said.

7. StevePerkins says:

Here are the first two which jump out as deliberately addressing it. There have been a number of threads recently about 2008 Presidental candidates in which “Sonny for VP” came up in the comments. I’m not saying that this was Peach Pundit majority-view… I’m just saying that it comes up here frequently and gets seriously discussed.

8. GAWire says:

>>”””Wasn’t Sonny’s name being floated for the 2008 Vice President nomination not 2 or 3 weeks ago on Peach Pundit? (LOL)”””

HELL NO!!!!

Link all you want, Steve, but you will never find the majority of PP front pagers supporting Sonny for anything after his 2nd term as Gov, and certainly not VP! In fact, we were the ones criticizing the Gov’s campaign even before he was re-elected, and while we all supported re-electing him over Mark Taylor, none of us have ever held back on Sonny (even during the campaign).

You’re wrong.

9. CHelf says:

I honestly wonder if he’s accepted the “lame duck” role here. He was very plugged in during the first term but now it seems the office of the Lt. Governor has more influence and power than the office of the Governor. Quite strange since one office was neutered. It’s as if he’s either resolved to drift into leaving office or something higher has been promised and he’s already punched out of his current role.