Just Got Off The Phone . . .

And am hearing the same thing Insider Advantage is hearing. Perdue will probably veto the midyear budget and call a special session.

Apparently the Governor would rather spend all our money than give any back. I think the legislature should pass it tomorrow, adjourn and give the Governor time to veto it, then have the final day some time after the window for a veto has expired and come back into session to override his veto.

But that’s just me. It seems he’s been fairly AWOL all session anyway — other than showing up here and there to talk about his fishing initiative.

1. Andre Walker says:

I’ve been hearing the same thing; that the session won’t end on Friday.

Some people have said that Tuesday or Wednesday might be Sine Die. Others have said the middle of May.

Honestly, I don’t know.

2. R.E.M. says:

Word is, Sine Die on Friday, then a special session a week or so later. It looks like a lot of bills will be on hold until next year.

3. Bull Moose says:

Well, the state’s Fisher In Chief seems to be detached from the reality of what’s going on in the state.

The House and Senate came to a decent agreement and the Governor is oblivious for threatening to veto it.

4. Chris says:

I think this just shows how much work is left ahead of us in the GOP. In 2010 we should elect the first Republican Governor since reconstruction.

5. Holly says:

In 2010 we should elect the first Republican Governor since reconstruction.

Amen.

I’m really angry about this, but I hope it plays out as Erick has suggested.

6. foray says:

Sonny should continue to veto the budget bills until his funding priorities are met- we cannot shut down 1/4 of State Govt for 2 mos waiting for the Big Budget to take affect.

The original house budget bill was something the people of Georgia would have been proud of

7. joe says:

Chris,

You must be a young-un to think that less than 10 years ago qualifies for a way-back machine. That was just yesterday (which is really close to today).

8. Burdell says:

Last time the General Assembly overrode a veto was 1974, and that was only after Carter told them to. Perhaps they should make history once again this session.

9. Bull Moose says:

Well, I’m glad to see that I’m not in the minority on the opinion about the Governor.

Though, I’m sure at the GOP Convention everyone will be kissing up to the Governor and praising him.

Besides Go Fish can anyone think of anything Sonny has stood for this session?

10. drjay says:

of course conventioneers will kiss up to sonny–he’s the next vice president of the united states–right?

11. jsm says:

I plan on having a homemade “Stop the Pork” sign to wave for Perdue, Saxby, and Johnny. What the heck, I may just put it on a tall stake with “Cut Spending” on the reverse and display one side or the other during every speech.