Enough of Peach Pundit

There’s some new site that doesn’t like the fact that I’m a conservative partisan. They want you all to stop reading Peach Pundit.

Oh, and Memberg, Decaturguy, Chris, Bobby, and Andre — you are all apparently shameless whores or dupes for daring to post on the front page here, but I appreciate it and wish you’d do more.

As always, we try to keep a modicum of bipartisan objectivity here. Just ask the Speaker.

I’ve added them to the blogroll, btw.

1. Doug Deal says:

Erick, judging by the off the wall replies by some posters, I am not sure people read PP as it stands. Instead, they may try getting people to stop posting.

2. StevePerkins says:

I’m not really sure what Mr. Flack’s point is. He criticizes you for being “biased” and “partisan”… and then calls on Georgia progressives to stop reading Peach Pundit and instead lend more support to his own biased and partisan blog. Then he calls you a “douchebag”, just to cement the shrill high-school image. Granted, Erick, some of your snarky remarks now and then can be asinine or in poor taste… but Mr. Flack only manages to make you look like a total class act in comparison.

I just don’t get the notion that blogs are supposed to purely “objective” and “unbiased”. That’s ridiculous, all blogs are biased in some direction or the other… all you can measure them by is the degree to which dissenting views are heard. How many dissenting views post on his front page or blogroll?

3. Jace Walden says:

Mr. Hack is obviously a hypocrite. How can one preach against partisanship by one blog then promote it for his own?

It is also obvious, that Peach Pundit is far less partisan than Mr. Hack’s blog.

Mr. Hack is a moron.

4. Skeptical says:

Well I’m a yellow dog Democrat and I will stay here if for no other reason than to piss off the righties.

And because it does move faster than other “progressive” blogs.

And it’s fun to watch the GAGOP rip each other to shreds.

And you should keep your friends close, but your enemies closer. Someone has to keep an eye on you guys. Hell, I would even show up at a Peach Pundit gathering just to fight the good fight.

And just because we all might reside on different sides of the aisle, it doesn’t mean that we can’t agree on the most basic of elements – that we want to see this state be the best in the nation – even though we may disagree on how to achieve those goals.

5. Skeptical says:

Yes, it’s taking forever for them to load. Glad it’s not just me or I would consider it a vast right-wing conspiracy! πŸ™‚

6. jsm says:

“I would even show up at a Peach Pundit gathering just to fight the good fight.”

You’d actually switch sides, Skeptical? πŸ˜‰

7. Icarus says:

Erick is a douchebag? I thought he was a tool? Mr. Flack is straying from his side’s talking points.

8. Bill Hagan says:

Give me a break Peach Pundit is the best political website in Georgia. I can’t think of any other Blog where such a diverse group of people come to exchange ideas on politics.

9. Skeptical says:

Now now jsm, we both know that would never happen. I’ll sit alone on my side of the table and take you all on – with one half of my brain tied behind my back!

It should be a fair fight πŸ˜›

Just kiddin’ folks. But I would definitely come. How can we get the dialogue going if we can’t even hoist a beer together? Or several?

10. Mad Dog says:

Erick,

Last time I checked with UGA’s science department, which hasn’t been bombed off the planet by Jim Whitehead, you’re not far enough up the ladder of evolution to have a classification.

MD

11. IndyInjun says:

Participating here has produced the conclusion that there may be hope for the GOP yet, for there is a pretty good segment here that feel, as I do, that the party betrayed its principles and must return to them.

There are WAY too many who worship the power of being in the majority above all and continue to apologize for wayward incumbents, IMHO.

Indies hold the balance of power now. Keep it up and we will be ruling Georgia too.

Overall, this is a very good blog and one that keeps its readership highly informed.

These are interesting times and the recent revolt of fiscal conservatives is refreshing.

Too much nastiness from the Dems reminds most Georgians of why we put them in the minority.

12. Holly says:

I’m one of the righties, Skeptical. You haven’t scared me off yet, hee. πŸ™‚

Seriously, though, I think BOTH sides dismiss the other side too fast. I’ll readily admit that I’m bad about it at times, but I’m trying to get better. Really, really trying. . .

Anyway, that said, I enjoy PP, and I’m glad I’m here. I’ve learned a lot from the great folks on both sides of the aisle. Keep up the good work, Erick!