And now a message from “ga con”

A friend forwarded me this anonymous email from the self-proclaimed “ga con.”

> From: “ga con” gaconserv @gmail.com
> Date: April 10, 2007 9:36:13 PM EDT
> Subject: Giuliani supports tax-payer funded abortions
>
> Dear Georgia conservatives,
>
> Rudy Giuliani supported taxpayer-funded abortion back in the ’90’s:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALDfwXIYUX0
>
> And he reconfirmed his support for it AGAIN just days ago:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67OvtNUJFSI
>
> If there’s one thing that should be a deal-breaker for
> conservatives, it’s
> taxpayer-funded abortions.
>
> And he wants us to trust him on judges?
>
> Forward this to your friends.

Why do this anonymously? It’s not like nobody else is saying this about Rudy.

45 comments

  1. rugby_fan says:

    I saw the clip about a month or two ago and meant to mention it.

    I never did (just in case you couldn’t tell).

    And “ga con” is not me.

  2. drjay says:

    i would imagine you do this anonymously b/c you are part of someone else’s campaign and need to try to stay on the down low…

  3. atlantaman says:

    I haven’t made my mind up about the President and feel Rudy has some problems, but I get annoyed when folks want to criticize him without putting forth another viable conservative candidate – Romney McCain…give me a break. Thompson isn’t even a candidate and Gingrich wasn’t exactly conservative at the height of his Speakership.

  4. Federalist says:

    Trust on judicial nominations…so you think that judges should be “pro-life” qualified do you…it is so nice to here that the American judicial system is going down the tubes b/c conservatives belive that “judges should legislate from the bench.” You “con”-artists are all the same, your goal is not defending this country, not lowering taxes, not improving our education system, etc, etc…rather your goal is to get 5 Anti-Roe v. Wade justices on the Supreme Court. Nice Priorities.

  5. jsm says:

    “Nice Priorities.”

    I think saving lives is a good priority. IMO, Roe v. Wade was a prime example of legislating from the bench, especially since abortion was a decision left to each state before this.

    Feder-socialist, you’re not going to get away with all the uninformed rants you spew on this board. There are too many intelligent thinkers here.

  6. Bill Simon says:

    JSM,

    Spare us your whiney-hand-wringing about “saving lives” through outlawing abortions.

    Go over to Darfur and save some lives. Go donate all of your excess earnings to the starving people in Africa.

    Go save a life that is starving in some poor and drug-infested neighborhood in Atlanta.

    Save some REAL LIVES, not the imaginary ones you were not even involved in conceiving, okay?

  7. jsm says:

    Bill,

    How do you know I’m NOT donating money to save what you call “real lives” around the world? And I wasn’t involved in conceiving any of them, either!

    I WILL NOT spare you my view on abortion, because I believe in saving the lives of unborn babies. Whether or not you like my view is unimportant to me. I disagree with a lot of what you say, too, but I don’t tell you to spare me your “whiney” rants. Really.

  8. Mike Hauncho says:

    I got this as well and I would like to know who sent it so I can figure out how they got my email address.

  9. CobbGOPer says:

    You know, I’m normally not one to get involved in abortion debates, as I have a libertarian view on it and never considered it in my choices for public office.

    But I admit I’m curious as to how the “Roe effect” as some call it has affected this country, and how it will affect us in the future. One only has to look at the demographic crisis going on in Europe to see the effects of lower birthrates. Namely that immigrant populations from the Middle East and other muslim countries are far outstripping native European populations in birthrate.

    In our own country, Hispanic birthrates far outstrip pretty much every other group.

    Does abortion contribute to this situation? Pros? Cons? Anyone want to opine on this aspect?

  10. Skeptical says:

    jsm, is an unborn fetus more of a person than the woman who is hosting it? Is the unborn fetus more capable of making decisions for it’s host than the actual woman herself? Does the unborn fetus know more about the circumstances of the woman’s life than she herself does?

    Your little rant about “saving lives” doesn’t ring true. Shall we just return to the “good old days” when women died from backalley abortions? Something tells me that lives wouldn’t be saved then, but c’mon, admit it. It’s not about saving lives, it always has been and always will be a control issue.

  11. jsm says:

    Skeptical,

    Neither life is more important than the other, and the ability to make decisions does not determine the value of a life. I think the effects of backalley abortions are terrible, but those women made their own choices. That doesn’t make a case for clinic abortions.

    To me, human life is valuable at every stage. This is NOT a control issue; it’s an issue of right and wrong. I think abortion is murder as much as shooting an adult in the head. Is punishing murderers a control issue?

    My tax money should not be funding something I believe to be murder.

  12. Skeptical says:

    Well I believe an unjustified war is murder and my tax dollars are funding it. I guess we’ll just have to call it even won’t we?

  13. Federalist says:

    JSM
    “Uninformed rants…” between yourself and me, I know there is only one person that makes uninformed rants. What makes abortion wrong? Your religion? give me an intelligible response. You tax money always funds murder, you pay for executions and the War in Iraq. Are these exceptions or something? Typical con belief: life begins at conception and ends at birth.

  14. Doug Deal says:

    Federalist,

    Not everyone who opposes abortion is for the death penalty, and not everyone who opposes abortion is for this war, and many are in fact pacifists.

    I do not participate in the holy war of abortion because you and your foes are doing nothing more than slinging nonsense at each other and setting up the other side as some form of devil.

    The reason this “debate” continues is that neither side takes any effort to understand the position taken by the other side. Speaking as someone who thinks both sides are full blown idiots, at least the anti-abortion side thinks it is stopping murder.

  15. jsm says:

    Skeptical, I can agree to disagree with you. Unborn babies are innocent; terrorists are not.

    Feder-socialist, I never said a word about religion. In fact, I tend to shy away from religion.

    Would you kill someone who comes into your house to kill your family? If yes, you have no reason to claim that we have murdered anyone in Iraq.

  16. Federalist says:

    CobbGOPer,
    It is an interesting point to bring up, but i seriously doubt that the number of abortions has a significant affect on the size of the population. Immigrant birthrates may go up, but there are a number of considerable differences between the immigrant population and the American born population. For one, a majority of the immigrant are Catholic, nobody for sure can judge how devoted they are, but contraception in any form is frowned upon in the Catholic culture. By contrast, sex has become increasingly liberalized in the U.S. and the use of contraception is relatively high. The same applies to Muslim transplants in Europe. At the same time, according to agi-usa.org,
    Hispanic women are 2 times more likely to have an abortion than White women. (I use hispanic b/c a majority of the immigrant pop is hispanic).
    About a 1/3 of abortions are by families with a combined income of less than $15000.
    Interestingly, here is one for jsm, over 18% of abortions are from self ascribed evangelical/born again christians.
    1.37 million abortions are conducted annually in the U.S., over 46 million are conducted annually worldwide (this is approx. b/c the only countries that ban abortions are islamo-fascists regimes).
    The U.S. accounts for about 5% of the world population, and less than 3% of the world’s abortions.
    47% of women who have abortions, have more than one abortion.
    Where does this bring us…to a debate over Roe v. Wade. The social and legal ramifications of abortion are identical to those of other victimless crimes.

  17. Skeptical says:

    jsm, I suppose the innocent children of Iraq that are killed by American bombs are terrorists? Or does the fact that our very presence there is turning them into terrorists in training justify it? Do the ends truly justify the means?

    I will gladly agree to disagree with you on abortion. I wish that it were the instance that abortion were what many have called on for decades: Safe. Legal. RARE. I very much wish we lived in a society where every baby conceived was wanted and it’s parents were able to care for it in every way: physically, emotionally, financially, but unfortunately that is not the case and sometimes hard choices need to be made.

    And you pose an interesting question: Would you kill someone who comes into your house to kill your family? Yes, I would. In a heartbeat.

    Now, turn that around. Is it ok for an Iraqi to protect his home and family from someone who is kicking down his door at 2am with guns blazing? This happens every day in Iraq. Americans murder Iraqis everyday. No Iraqi came over here and did the same thing. Now they are all trying to figure out a way to do that very thing.

  18. jsm says:

    “Now they are all trying to figure out a way to do that very thing.”

    Now!? You mean they wouldn’t have done so before now had they been given the chance? Islamic extremists openly embrace the destruction of ‘infidels’ anywhere in the world, even in countries that have never involved themselves in the Middle East.

    Our involvement in Iraq hasn’t increased the Iraqis’ level of ill will toward the U.S. In fact, if you’ll listen to stories that our troops have to tell, there may be LESS ill will toward the U.S. in Iraq because of our involvement there. Don’t be naive enough to think American media is giving you the whole story.

  19. Skeptical says:

    I don’t believe a damn word of what the “American media” tells us as it’s all owned by right wing hacks. I get my news from credible news sources overseas and the people who have been there. I guess we talk to different people because the ones I’ve talked to who were lucky enough to make it home say that we have stirred up a hornet’s nest that will not calm down for decades.

    And quite frankly, I fear fundamental extremists/religious zealots here in America (and particularly Georgia) a hell of a lot more than I do people screaming ‘death to infidels’ on some BBC broadcast. At least they don’t take shots at women coming and going at Planned Parenthood clinics like the religious freaks do here.

  20. CobbGOPer says:

    “And quite frankly, I fear fundamental extremists/religious zealots here in America (and particularly Georgia) a hell of a lot more than I do people screaming ‘death to infidels’ on some BBC broadcast. At least they don’t take shots at women coming and going at Planned Parenthood clinics like the religious freaks do here.”

    Um, yeah, they don’t take shots, they throw stones until she’s dead, moron. I’m no fan of religious zealots of any stripe, but to compare the folks here to people like Al Qaida and the Taliban is just naive. If you fear the Christian Coalition more than you do Islamofacists, well, let’s try a little experiment:

    Why don’t you, Skeptical, head on down to the Christian Coalition headquarters and walk around. You don’t have to do anything in particular, just hang out. The liklihood is, while they may not like you, they won’t march you out into the street and cut off your head.

    Then, why don’t you take a nice vacation to Pakistan, and go wander around Islamabad (where there are a great deal of those ‘death to infidels’ folks). Then tell me: where do you feel safer?

    My bet is it’s not in Pakistan.

  21. jsm says:

    “Don’t be naive enough to think American soldiers are giving you the whole story.”

    That’s the dumbest statement I’ve ever read. I hear from American soldiers every Thursday via a local radio talk show, and I’ll believe them over any media outlet any day of the week. Those guys know what’s going on first hand. You don’t have a clue, and your statement proves it.

  22. Nicki says:

    To me, human life is valuable at every stage. This is NOT a control issue; it’s an issue of right and wrong. I think abortion is murder as much as shooting an adult in the head.

    Then we have nothing to discuss. Anyone who considers a living, breathing adult with responsibility for his/her actions equal to a newly-conceived collection of cells which may or may not become a child nine months later is clearly irrational.

  23. Skeptical says:

    No, CobbGOPer, I will not go. I don’t live there, and it’s not very bleeding heartish of me, but I don’t feel a responsibility to improve the lot of people in Pakistan. And how fucking lame of you to fall back on the “oh if it’s so wonderful, why don’t you just go there” mantra that is thrown around whenever you aren’t getting your way in the argument. I bet you believe that it’s a walk in the park or just like a summer day in Indiana in Baghdad too. Wanna buy a $5 rug?

    I do, however, care a great deal when American women (and men) are gunned down by psychotic nutcases because they go to or work at a Planned Parenthood clinic or any other facility that performs abortions. I care that Americans have to live in fear to have medical procedures done or to go to work because they don’t know if this will be the day that some asshole finally hears from God to go mow down everyone in the parking lot at PP.

    And I wouldn’t be caught dead at a Christian Coalition office. I have standards.

  24. Skeptical says:

    No, CobbGOPer, I will not go. I don’t live there, and it’s not very bleeding heartish of me, but I don’t feel a responsibility to improve the lot of people in Pakistan. And how fucking lame of you to give me the “if it’s so great, why don’t you go” mantra just because you’re not getting your way in an argument. You probably believe that it’s just a walk in the park or like a summer day in Indiana in Baghdad right now. Wanna buy a $5 rug?

    I do, however, care a great deal when American women (and men) are gunned down by psychotic nutcases because they go to or work at a Planned Parenthood clinic or any other facility that performs abortions. I care that Americans have to live in fear to have medical procedures done or to go to work because they don’t know if this will be the day that some asshole finally hears from God to go mow down everyone in the parking lot at PP.

    And I would rather be caught dead than go to a Christian Coalition office. I have standards.

  25. Demonbeck says:

    Nicki,

    Do you believe that that “newly-conceived collection of cells” is alive or has a life?

  26. Doug Deal says:

    Nicki,

    Then since a newborn baby is unable to be responsible for it’s actions, then infanticide is peachy with you as well.

    You refuse to see the other side and resort to name-calling. Like I said, abortion zealots on both sides are irrational.

  27. Skeptical says:

    jsm, according to Wikipedia, 62 million people did vote for George W. Bush, so yes there are a lot of “irrational” people out there.

    Downright stupid is more like it.

  28. Doug Deal says:

    Demon,

    Cancer is a collection of living tissue as well, and it is also human. The question is not whether something is alive, as delicious cows and chickens are alive, but whether something has human rights.

    When you guys don’t actually argue aginst each other, but sling slogans against each other, there is very little real debate.

  29. Doug Deal says:

    Skeptikal,

    A nearly identical number voted for Kerry and Gore previous to that. And a majority of Democrats thought both of those candidates were great candidates. What does that say about your side.

    Maybe if you cared more about your own party, instead of attacking the GOP, you might field decent candidates.

  30. Skeptical says:

    Damnit! I am trying to respond to CobbGOPer’s asinine comments and can’t because I keep getting a “done, but with errors on page” message.

    How do I fix this?

  31. Skeptical says:

    Doug,

    I’ll just get right on the phone with national Democratic leadership right now and tell them who the next candidate will be.

    And quite frankly, you and I both know that this country would be a hell of a lot better off if either Kerry or Gore were president right now.

  32. Demonbeck says:

    True Doug, but none of those have the potential to become human.

    My point is that whether you agree with abortion or not, you must acknowledge that an abortion ends a life.

  33. Doug Deal says:

    Skeptical,

    A good and healthy GOP makes the Dems better, and a strong and healthy Dem party makes the GOP better. Sadly both parties have been shooting for the floor.

    I would love to see both parties field better candidates, but that is impossible when people on both sides accept everything their side does unquestioningly and without criticism, and instantly labels everything about the other side as evil.

    Bush is a horrible President. Gore would have been a horrible president, and Kerry as well. Do we really want to figure out who would be less horrible?

  34. Skeptical says:

    Demon,

    This is the part that will never be agreed upon by both sides – when life actually begins. So it is not possible for one half of the debaters to acknowledge that a life is ending.

  35. Skeptical says:

    I completely agree Doug that when both parties are on top of their game, us little people as a whole are much better off.

    I don’t think that it is a matter of both sides just blindly accepting everything their own does. I think it’s a matter of the national parties not giving a crap about what we say unless we can write them huge campaign checks.

    I guess I will have to sadly accept the fact that until I win the lottery, I won’t matter one iota to the inmates running the asylum.

  36. dingleberry says:

    If I put barley, hops, water, and yeast into a pot it has the potential to become beer…but, it’s not beer until it’s brewed, right?

    Right.

    So, Demonbeck, using your logic about a fetus having the “potential” to be a human is flawed. It’s like me saying that I have the potential to have sex with Federalists’s mother…just because I have the potential to do it, doesn’t mean I actually do it…

  37. Demonbeck says:

    Yes, but no one is forcing you against your will from trying to have sex with Federalist’s mother by sucking your brains from your skull, crushing it and throwing your lifeless body in the trash bin.

    You are free to pursue sex with Federalist’s mother all you want. The only thing barring you from doing so is your inability to speak with women.

    That and the restraining orders.

  38. dingleberry says:

    The only thing barring you from doing so is your inability to speak with women.

    Your mom didn’t seem to have a problem with it!

    Har Har Har, LOL, ROFLMAO

    sucking your brains from your skull, crushing it and throwing your lifeless body in the trash bin.

    And just how do you know that this isn’t a description of the typical one night stand that happens with Federalists’s mom?

  39. Demonbeck says:

    It could be – for all I know you two are praying mantises – mantii – er – mantisses – those bugs where the lady eats the dude’s head off after sex.

Comments are closed.