I missed this stuff at the bottom of the Women Against Vernon’s Violence stuff earlier. This is being circulated on email from this group:
Vernon’s violent history (based on public record)
1. 1989: Jones charged with “pointing a pistol” at a woman ordered to attend “men stopping violence” no record he attended.
2. 1998 Jones verbally assaults female Georgia World Congress Center police officer.
1999 Jones again verbally assaults second Georgia World Congress center police officer.
3. 2003 Jones accused of trespassing and verbally assaulting widowed single mother Pauline Holder.
4. 2004 January: Jones accused of “simple Battery” against female commissioner Elaine Boyer
5. 2004 May: Jones accused of verbally assaulting State Rep. Teresa Green-Johnson
6. 2004 Dec: Jones accused of rape. Claims “Consensual Adult Encounter.” menage a trois CEO Jones refuses to speak to investigators. Jones and his police chief inappropriately communicate behind the scenes. (see Prosecuting Attorneys Council report)
Vernon’s appointees’ sexual deviancy and violence against women (based on public record)
1. 2007 Ed Wall. Vernon’s appointee as MARTA bd. Chair. “Public indecency.” Wall is Jones’ primary fund raiser and was his “adviser” on police chief selection. [We all know about this one]
2. 2006 Maj. Donald Frank: “Contempt of court and domestic violence.” Jones’ long time protector and fmr. chief of security punished only by P.O.S.T.
3. 2004 Lance Robinson: Jones Dept. Chief of Staff. “Rape and False imprisonment.” Admits to undressing and sleeping with unconscious female in Co[unty] comped hotel room.
My edits are in brackets. I had excluded two names originally, but have found public domain stuff about them, so I’ve put back their names.