1. Holly says:

Chris, he’s a California Congressman who knows an awful lot about defense.

The thing that will always come to my mind first about him was that he drove himself to Augusta in 2004 for a fundraiser, stopped in our office – again, by himself – and knew all of the staffers by name when he introduced himself to us. Who bothers to do that these days? It made a lasting impression.

2. Icarus says:

Demonbeck, two main differences:

1) Lewis Grizzard has higher name ID, and

2) Duncan Hunter is still alive.

3. John Douglas says:

Rep Duncan Hunter is the former Chair of House Armed Services and the only Reagan Republican in the race to this point. He is rock solid on illegal immigration and fighting Muslim facists. Unlike the “major” candidates, he didnt become a conservative last week and has held to his principles. We are working to bring him to Atlanta in the near future to begin the process of having him meet key people here.

If you want a candidate who is a true conservative, Duncan Hunter is your man.

4. Capitol Bee says:

Heard it hear first?? I think I posted that a week or so ago on here. Granted I don’t have front page access, but I either sent it in as a tip or posted it.

5. LoyaltyIsMyHonor says:

Of Course Senator Douglas could never support McCain…lets do the math:
    1. McCain has combat experience, Douglas none (although he loves to remind everyone that he was in military…well, sadly, I have just as much combat experience as Douglas);

2. McCain rotted away for 5 and a half years in a Vietnamese prison, Douglas is rotting away as chairman of a do-nothing committee (don’t believe me, check out the 2 resolutions passed out this year…whoopee!).

Look, there are plenty of reason to vote for or against McCain, but I couldn’t care less who Douglas supports.

6. Demonbeck says:

I’m not saying that he couldn’t do a good job, I’m just saying he doesn’t have a chance.

7. georgiapatriot says:

Excellent choice for Duncan Hunter. I do agree with Sen. Douglas and would like to know when Congressman Hunter plans to visit us here in Georgia.

8. StevePerkins says:

This guy doesn’t look like my cup of tea, but I do respect Sen. Douglas for making a pick that’s more about principle than some personal political calculation. As opposed to say… half the Georgia congressional delegation jumping on the Romney bandwagon right out of the gate, not really knowing anything about the guy, and looking like fools today.