The Cobb GOP Race

Since this excites so many of you and Shep and I bet this thread could break 500 comments, here now is the Marietta Daily Journal article on the Cobb GOP race, complete with this curious bit:

Scott’s opponent in the GOP chairman race, Cindye Coates, said she wishes Scott well but expressed some skepticism about the commitment his supporters gave him to place him atop the party’s leadership.

“I pray to God they don’t just come out and vote for him at a convention and then not help him because I’ve not seen hardly any of these people in three years, Ms. Coates said.

”They’ve been inactive for three years and he’s reached out to the people who I say are the inactives of the party. They’re here today and those are the ones who just elected him and now I want to see them become really active.“

As for Coates’ own future plans, she said she intends to throw her hat in the ring once more in the District 37 state House race in 2008.

1. Demonbeck says:

You just had to dangle this piece of deer genitalia for all the wackos out there didn’t you?

Where’s the sport in that?

2. Bull Moose says:

I’m going to get Free Bull Moose t-shirts and wear them around the convention! (kidding)

In Chatham County we did not have a contested election, so it’s odd to me that there would be so much division in these other counties.

It’s a shame that we can’t have consensus conservatives anymore on the party level, but I guess it’s been that way for a long time.

I get the feeling that Sue will win at the Convention in a cake walk. She just needs to have some good stances and follow through on them.

3. Bull Moose says:

I support Buzz Brockway for Vice Chairman because he supports freeing Bull Moose.

(Third person jargon compliments of Bob Dole! Bull Moose thanks Bob Dole for allowing Bull Moose to borrow Bob Dole’s speaking style)

4. shep1975 says:

Bull Moose is spreading to other threads. If we free Bull Moose, then Bull Moose will have even more ability to run amuck over PP.

However, Bull Moose also made nice comments about Shep’s leadership. I think Shep could support freeing Bull Moose, even if he is a McCain supporter.

5. Bull Moose says:

Buzz, I thought long and hard about it. I think your embrace of the blogs and forward thinking (though I don’t always agree where you’re going) is refreshing. So, I’m supporting you and encouraging others to do likewise.

6. Here’s something that’ll keep the party going…

…Since the state takes in more of our tax dollars than it spends every year, then why don’t they ever return those excess tax dollars to us in the form of tax cuts?

What I’m suggesting here is that the state put about 65% of the surplus tax dollars into reserves and return the other 35% to the Georgia taxpayers.

Doesn’t that sound kinda odd coming from a Democrat?

7. MountainThinker says:

Andre,
    Careful, your treading dangerously close to Democratic apostacy…I hear they do bad things to you guys when that happens…

If you need it, we have a relocation program for reformed Dems here in the mountains!

8. I want to be clear, I’m not joining the Republican Party at all.

I love being a Democrat entirely too much, but it’s gotten on my nerves for a couple of months now that whenever I receive my paycheck, $300 is automatically gone.

I’m like “What the hell happened to my money?” And to be honest with you, I wouldn’t mind getting some of that money back.

Tax cuts aren’t all bad; you just have to have responsible tax cuts.

9. MountainThinker says:

Amen Icarus! I haven’t seen you around here before, and you sound like a great addition to the fray! Welcome!

10. Icarus says:

Thanks. In the absence of Sunday sales yesterday, I think today’s early happy hour has helped.

11. Jeff Emanuel says:

Hm. Two questions:

(1) If those are accurate quotes, Cindye needs a bit of help with public speaking.

(2) Coates “said she intends to throw her hat in the ring once more in the District 37 state House race in 2008.” All right, seriously — doesn anybody besides her, GOPeach, and GOPeach’s 50 sock puppets want her to run?

Personally, I’ve only learned of Cindye Coates through GOPeach — I had no idea who she was before, and only know what GOPeach, etc. have said.

Given the rabid support from GOPeach, though, I sure as heck wouldn’t vote Coates for Bible-stacker, let alone Representative.

I could be wrong about her, but people’s followers can reflect on them, for good or for ill — and in this case, it was for ill.

12. Demonbeck says:

“What I’m suggesting here is that the state put about 65% of the surplus tax dollars into broken social programs and return the other 35% to the Georgia’s teacher’s unions.”

Bobby Kahn’ed it for ya, Andre.

13. GOPeach says:

This just in:

An e-mail from Scott Johnson

My friends,

Thank you for the confidence you expressed in me on Saturday. Now it is time to come together for the good of our party. As your chairman, I have a request to make of you. Let’s make it all of our agenda to begin today to unite our Cobb Republican Party. It is simply the right thing to do.

Cindye Coates is not my enemy – far from it. As a matter of fact, we are friends and have been since we met in 2004. We didn’t relish running in the same race for that reason. But of course, when you are engage in a race, you have to run to win. In the frenzy of a race and even a Convention, sometimes things are said that we might not otherwise say. That may not be good but it happens. Now, the Convention is over. Now, let’s leave it in the past.

Our party has been divided for years. I don’t want there to be anything that would further that division. I am all about restoration. It is up to me to lead us in that direction and I am asking each and every one to follow. Please, no more discussion on blogs or anywhere else that might injure Cindye Coates or her family. I know I can count on you.

Scott

14. GOPeach says:

Well now…
    Jeff, you spoke too quick! and you are WRONG!

Jason Shepherd, Jade Morey , Brian Laurens,
    Mainstrean GOP, Bill Simon … are all now on
    the ” Nagative Cobb GOP Influence List”.

You all think your posts have brought you kudos
    with Cobb leaders… you are wrong and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

In time, you will all see C-biscuit ( she asked me not to write her name anymore on the internet)…
    in a very high office as a LADY of great resolve.
    She can be trusted by Conservatives – period!

You will say… Peach was right all along.

January 2009 … COATES will be in the HOUSE!
    It will be so exciting! She is thick-skinned and warm hearted. The Perfect One for the Job-
    The Velvet Hammer. 🙂 Our Girl – C-Biscuit!

15. GOPeach says:

Scott J. – This was the right thing to do!
    Thanks. I trust anyone who will protect
    one of the most nobel women I know.

She is not someone we want to go away.
    We need her. She is relentless! A class act.

Here is an e-mail I was just forwarded:

I cannot be discouraged enough to turn me aside.
    I cannot lose enough to cause me to quit.
    People cannot disillusion me.
    Battles cannot beat me.
    Money cannot buy me.
    Governments cannot silence me,
    and hell cannot handle me!

I am not quitting.
    I hope you will not quit either!

Cindye Coates

PS.

Kites rise highest against the wind – not with it.
    Winston Churchill

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
    Winston Churchill

16. GOPeach says:

Oh Jeff – word to the wise…

CC ‘s supporters are not bloggers ( like me)..
    They are the real leaders at the Capital & the Party.

I suggest you not work against their efforts to
    get Coates in the House!

17. shep1975 says:

Peachy, why the vitriol towards little ol’ me? I never said anything negative abut Cindye. I just said I knew Scott Johnson better. If you go and re-read my endorsement, I said we had two strong teams running.

Revenge is not a Christian value.

PS: Free Bull Moose (then we can open moose hunting season!)

18. Jeff Emanuel says:

GOPeach, a threat? Interesting. Please expand.

And like I said, all I know of Coates is what I’ve gotten from you — and if you are any reflection, I want her as far from my government as humanly possible.

19. GOPeach says:

Jason-

I do noy want revenge-
    I want REDEMPTION!
    That is a Christina Value!

Jeff-
    my impression is less than high as well.

Pride is like bad breath-
    Everyone knows you have it but you!
    Want a mint?

20. GOPeach says:

Jeff-

People on PP who
    actually know COATES-
    Know what she is like.

You should get to know
    her before you sling mud.

If you guys do not be
    nice, I will start writing
    like this again…

Deal?

21. GOPeach says:

Just got this in….

A letter from Dr. C- biscuit ..

March 26, 2007

Dear Fellow Delegates,

I want to take this time to congratulate our new chairman and the executive board on Saturday’s landslide victory. I truly believe they will all do a great job and I want to encourage you all to stand with them and stay faithfully active.
    Because I did not know many of you, I wanted to share something that happened when I was leaving the convention.

As I walked out to the lobby, I was stopped by a long-time member who said a rumor started the day before at the Friday Women’s Luncheon, The rumor was that I was planning to switch parties if I lost the chairman seat. For the record, I am a Reagan Republican and when it comes to politics, I often ask myself” “ WWRD? ” or What Would Reagan Do? I doubt Reagan would become a democrat!

When it comes to the south side of Cobb, I like to think of Rudy Giuliani, a republican mayor in liberal New York City. With the right support, State House 37, can be won by a republican. Perhaps at some point, we will see this happen.

As I walked out to my car with my youngest son, Tyler (age 12), I told him Mr. Scott Johnson and his team had won. He smiled really big and said, “ Oh good! I got my mom back!” What a note to end on.

Warmly,

Cindye Coates

22. Jeff Emanuel says:

Like I said, Peachy, you’re the only person I’ve ever heard of her from — and anybody someone like you supports, I don’t even want to hear another word about, let alone have in the government representing me.

She may be great; you’ve slimed her name everywhere you’ve brought her up.

23. GOPeach says:

Jeff-

That is not tue!

You have heard of her from
    The MDJ, The Cobb GOP, AJC, etc…

You can ask anyone of the Cobb
    State House Reps …
    Sharon Cooper
    Judy Manning
    ( which I was told did not want
    Cindye as Chairman because
    they want het in the State House)
    Earl Erhart
    Thunder Tumlin
    Ed Setzler
    etc….

These people just DO NOT blog!
    ( accept Earl… ask him!)

Now…. what is your definition of SLIME???

I am all ears Jeff …..

24. Holly says:

You were all ears but his opinion doesn’t matter? That’s a bit contradictory.

You might want to ask politicians around the state if people not in their district matter. I think many would tell you that support and resistance from a few hard worker bees who didn’t live /v ote in their district mattered very much in races.

I can promise you I have been extremely involved with campaigns for people I couldn’t vote for, but who I knew would affect my area in a positive manner if elected. It’s a “greater good” philosophy.

In short, my word to the wise is to never write off someone’s opinion just because they don’t live in a district. You never know what you might miss in doing so.

25. GOPeach says:

Holly-

Jeff has been nothing but critical to a great
    conservative candidate whom he first
    learned of through my posts.

His oppinion in Cobb does not
    matter to us! He is not going to help our
    candidates with his bashing of them.

THAT is what I meant. He says he is a
    republican… well let’s see him get his
    ass down here in Cobb County and take
    on Roy Barnes ‘boys!

If Jeff is not helping us – then he is hurting us.
    He has NO CLUE how badly we need strong
    Conservatives helping in South Cobb County.
    I live in Vinnings and the need is great from
    south Marietta ( where C-biscuit is) to the
    Fulton Co. line.

Jeff’s – bashing get OLD!!!