Never Heard of Him

Someone else wants to run for Mayor of Macon as a Repubilcan. That’s funny. I’ve never heard of him and we had our county convention on Saturday and I don’t recall him being there.

A second Republican says he will enter the Macon mayoral race.

Local businessman David Cousino met with residents in Mattie Hubbard Jones Park on Sunday afternoon to announce his plans. In a telephone interview Sunday evening, Cousino said he wants to get rid of the arguing and bickering among current elected officials and prod them to work together.

“My plans are to basically streamline the city,” he said.

1. RuralDem says:

I doubt you will find too many Georgians that have never voted for a Democrat. In most rural areas, local elections are still decided in the Democratic Primary. I do not see why this is an issue to some people, unless they value party over policy.

2. StevePerkins says:

Is “Voter Vault” that database system that the Republican National Committee set up to guess whether every voter in the country is a Democrat or Republican based on magazine subscriptions and so forth? If any of you GOP activist types have access, look me up. I’d be curious as to what that system might think of someone who’s a member of both the ACLU and the NRA… who subscribes to both Esquire and The Economist… and who attends church weekly, but does so in a gay-friendly Unitarian congregation and an anti-war Quaker worship group.

3. StevePerkins says:

You’re thinking about Fight Club. Not even Tyler Durden would expect bloggers and activist-types to keep their mouths shut about a fat juicy piece of gossip such as Voter Vault.

4. Doug Deal says:

I always thought voter vault was the collection of extra ballots that the Democrats kept stored away to win close elections at the last minute. You know, in those late reporting precincts.

I guess you learn something new every day.

5. Bugapash says:

Didn’t Cousino announce that he was running for president of the US back in 96? Does anyone remember this? Is he just stepping down this time?

6. Mad Dog says:

Steve Perkins,

“I wonder if a libertarian-minded voter who actually thinks for himself might cause the system to crash. ”

It would, if such a thing existed.

7. MrMacon says:

Cousino did announce that he was running for president, yes, but I don’t remember if it was ’96. I thought it was a joke at the time; he’s a bit of a nut, If you ask me.

He’s also just declared bankruptcy last month–he ‘accidentally’ said so at his announcement.
    My guess is he’s announced–and perhaps even running–on someone’s behalf, maybe even someone’s dollar–to make the hill a little steeper for Gibson before the primary.