GOP County Convention Open Thread

This Saturday Republicans will gather to elect their County Party leadership. Delegates to the Distric and State Conventions will also be elected. The people elected at these meetings will lead the GOP’s electoral effort in 2008, so yes, the stakes are high.

We’ve got some hotly contested races in Cobb, Fulton and Gwinnett and I’m sure some other places as well. The Political Vine has it’s opinion on a few of these races but what’s yours? Give us you report on the goings on in your County.

1. buzzbrockway says:

Gwinnett GOP Chairman candidate Seth Weathers is having a reception Thursday night from 6 to 8 pm at the Historic Courthouse in downtown Lawrenceville. A number of Gwinnett’s elected officials are hosting this event for Seth.

2. Daniel says:

The Wilkinson County GOP Convention is really going to be a barn burner. I mean, if all 30 or so active Republicans so up, we might have to use more than one table… πŸ™‚

3. Chris says:

That I am, Member at Large (post two I think). I guess this means I’d better start behaving myself.

4. Chris says:

I’m armed and the Speaker don’t like the press. I’ll just get someone to drop a “stand your ground against reporters” bill.

5. jsm says:

Hall County will be pretty quiet this year compared to the last couple county conventions. The idiots who tried to overrun the party ran off all the workers, and we’re just now starting to pick up the pieces. I expect a strong party organization going into ’08.

6. Demonbeck says:

I can’t believe it has taken this many posts for someone to call me out on that mistake Bill.

7. GOPeach says:

Plenty is happening in Cobb! Saturday is the big day and we will soon have a brand new chairman who looks good in dresses! πŸ™‚

8. GOPeach says:

I remember Bobby Khan in a dress and bonnet once in a mailer with Roy Barnes and Buddy Darden…
    a long long time ago –

by now …

He may have switched panties – not parties. πŸ™‚

9. Chris says:

And the winners in Gwinnett are:
    Greg Howard for Chair
    Brandon Doty for First Vice Chair
    Kimberly Silver for Treasurer.