Beware the Madness of March

Behold, the Ides Madness is upon us.

I hope that everyone has an appropriate level of enthusiasm for the veritable insanity of the month.

As my bracket is already suffering; open thread.

1. Doug Deal says:

Well, to be fair, the sections says “Recent Comments”, and technically, that is what it displays. Erick can claim it is working as advertised.

Of course if it was labeled Revent Unread Comments, then we would have grounds to do something nasty.

2. Demonbeck says:

Doug, if you start filling this blog up with your rational thoughts, people are going to start labeling you a freak. Take your common sense to a libertarian blog where it will be more appreciated.

Clearly, Doug does not know how to do things around here.

3. Doug Deal says:

Demon,

I will try to learn. But, I thought to be a libertarian, I had to worship the almighty pot leaf, dye my skin blue, surrender at the first sign of foreign aggression, live with my mother until I am 40, grow an unruly beard and generally be the guy that everyone avoids at the office due to a combination of temperment and body odor.

To be honest, the Libertarian Party is the Star Trek Fan Club of political parties.

(I think I am getting the hang of it now, thanks!)

4. Demonbeck says:

Doug,

You are getting the hang of it.

You only need to fit that description to RUN as a Libertarian, not to be one.

I am sure there are non-pimply faced nerds who have girlfriends and are generally cool who play Dungeons and Dragons incessantly, but they don’t go to the conventions.

5. rugby_fan says:

Jeff, were one to take my bracket, throw it in a fire, proceed to remove the ashes, then dip the ashes in acid, take the remains and parch them in the sun, it would be an improvement for my bracket.

All this to say my prognostication was quite off this year.

6. Doug Deal says:

Jeff,

I didn’t think there were many upsets, which means most people should be ok. Were you hoping to see Wisconsin top Duke in the finals or something?

7. rugby_fan says:

Well well well, Duke lost in the Women’s championship. In an appropriately heart breaking manner too.

My God, I feel sick, I followed women’s basketball.

8. Demonbeck says:

dunno, I stopped watching before St. Patrick’s Day.

I hope they make the Finals and get embarassed like Duke did against UNLV in 1990

9. RuralDem says:

Demonbeck,

I am sorry but the word embarrass and all of its tenses are reserved for what UNC does to its opponents in most sports (I’ll admit the football team is not great, however they beat Miami a couple of years ago :)), that is, unless that opponent is UGA, then the Dawgs take control.

UNC will spank Georgetown.

10. Doug Deal says:

Demon,

Too bad for them, their next stop on their itinerary is against the OSU juggernaut and in Atlanta. It was a good run though. At least they will have the honor of being one of the six teams to lose to the champions.

11. Demonbeck says:

Yup, the two best professional basketball teams in Atlanta this weekend will be tOSU and whoever is playing the Hawks.

12. Doug Deal says:

Hehe, Demon, I hear a note of jealousy!

Really, though, I do not care about the team, but like good things to happen to my home state. I call is being state-riotic.

13. Demonbeck says:

Nope, I just find it hard to believe that they landed the top recruiting class in NCAA basketball this year in the midst of NCAA sanctions and an NCAA investigation.

14. Doug Deal says:

It’s a big program, and the exposure from the football team has helped.

Also, since the demise of the U of Cincinnati program, with the depature of Huggins, OSU became the only big time program that an Ohio high school player could go to in-state.

15. Doug Deal says:

Well, I guess I really meant the region. Indy is also down (along with Michigan), so there are not as many choices as their used to be in the eastern Midwest.

16. whitemalevoters says:

White male voters were unhappy when Vandy fell. Vanderbilt is always good to white male voters.