The Post in which I bitch about something…

Seriously, when is the “Recent Comments” Section going to be fixed?

I had hoped my comments and emails would be enough, but I have finally decided to use the bully pulpit my front page rights give me.

With the wrecks on 16 at Metter and 75 south of Atlanta, demands on the Macon Chik-fil-a kitchen should be pretty slow today. Where’s our Swedish Chef?

Outside of that, I got nothing today … feel free to use this as an open thread …

1. David says:

Since this is an open thread, what is the status of the bill to shorten the school year that was introduced by legislative morons Charles Martin and Ron Stephens? With our test scores nearing the bottom of the barrel, this bill is simply priceless!

2. Demonbeck says:

Yeah, where do they get off? I mean, didn’t they notice how our test scores shot up when they lengthened the school year? These kids should be forced to live at school – 24 hours a day, 365 days a year – with special allowances to see their parents for one hour on non-religious, non-offensive holidays. (Festivus and birthdays)

We should be throwing money at the problem, because that’s always worked so well in the past.

3. David says:

What would you suggest, Demon? I know, let’s make school voluntary! Yeah, that’s it! Who needs all that high-faloottin book learnin’ anyway! Jethro Bodine never needed it! LMAO!

4. DougieFresh says:

DrJ,

The recent comments section are supposed to show you a list of messages that you have not seen yet. It works about 25 percent of the time, but most of the time it fails to update as you view a thread, so you cannot track issues that have updated if they exceed the viewable limit of 5.

5. rugby_fan says:

This is always the most wonderful time of the year (sorry Christmas). Baseball starts in 30 days and adding to that this year, the Cricket World Cup in eight.

Ah, how I anticipate the coming days!

6. Bill Simon says:

Rugby, why aren’t you down at the Legislature lobbying for a professional Rugby team to be started in Georgia?

Call it the “Georgia Brawlers” rugby team, and then they will go all over the world challenging other countries. It would be a shot in the arm for Georgia Economic development opportunities. 🙂

7. buzzbrockway says:

How ’bout them Yellow Jackets?

It was a great win and I think probably punched their ticket to the Big Dance. However, I hope the beat BC Sunday and win at least one in the ACC Tourney next weekend just to remove all doubt.

I’m getting excited about baseball as well. While I’m not happy with Liberty Media taking over, I still think the Braves will have a good year.

Hey rugby, other than pay per view, are there other ways to watch cricket here in the States?

8. CobbGOPer says:

Braves? Who are they?

Folks, we have a HOCKEY team in the fight for the playoffs, and with our recent acquisitions, we could very well have a Stanley Cup winner on our hands. I suggest anyone who can go down to the Phil tonight and watch as the Thrash take on Ottawa.

9. Demonbeck says:

David,

I would suggest we shorten the school year, so that more money tabbed for education can go towards actually educating the children rather than paying for HVAC and maintenance.

10. rugby_fan says:

Buzz, I know Setanta on one of the Dish providers carries the cricket. I would assume Fox World Sport does as well.

Alas, I have a plan for neither.

There are torrent sites that have highlights and I am a member of one such site.

11. gatormathis says:

Folks like to got blowed off the map last night in several places, and sum dum bytch(Chinese for Redneck) is on here worrying aloud, “why don’t the gosh darned recent comments thingie work right”.

I bet there will be several incidents of peoples getting blowed from one state to the other, in light of last evenings events.

They just got through burying that blonde chick, and still got to bury James Brown.

The judge done said she had to go. I hate to think what all that fake shit looks like when it goes down.

12. Jimbo says:

Fred Thompson just announced on Fox News that he was considering a run for the Whitehouse. He is conservative just like the last actor that was in the Whitehouse.

He also has charisma and is tough as nails