Buzz Brockway for First Vice Chairman of the Georgia Republican Party.

I have decided to run for First Vice Chairman of the Georgia Republican Party.

We’ve enjoyed much success in recent years yet past success is no guarantee of future success. We must continue to work hard and build our Republican Party all across Georgia.

A strong grassroots organization is what brought the Georgia GOP to where it is today, and it is what will allow us to continue to win in the future. My experience in the Republican Party includes being a Precinct Captain, 2nd Vice Chairman and County Party Chairman in Gwinnett, Campaign Manager for State Rep. Melvin Everson and Gwinnett Chairman for Governor Sonny Perdue. I feel that by offering to serve as First Vice Chairman of the Georgia Republican Party, I can help it continue to grow.

I hope you will support me for First Vice Chairman of the Georgia Republican Party at the State Convention on May 18th and 19th at the Gwinnett Civic Center.

I look forward to discussing my ideas for the office of First Vice Chair as the process moves forward. In the meantime, I hope all Georgia Republicans will get involved in the Convention process, which in Counties over 80,00 in population begins tomorrow. Click here for more information about getting involved in your County.

Please feel free to email me with any comments or questions about me and my campaign.

Click here to view my resume.

1. MichaelPerkins says:

Buzz,

You have my full support. For many of you who do not know Buzz very well, I had the opportunity to work with him in Gwinnett County during the last election cycle while I was a field staffer for the GAGOP. He was one of the very, very few “active republicans” in the county who actually was actively involved in helping me campaign throughout Gwinnett Co. He kept his head up and stayed involved because of his belief in the conservative cause when most would have quit due to the turmoil and political infighting within the Gwinnett GOP. He is a good and honest man, a hard worker, and experienced as he successfully the Gwinnett GOP to its height while he was its chairman. I give my full support to Buzz and encourage the rest of you to do so as well.

2. JRM2016 says:

I certainly respect buzz and wish him well. However, I will be supporting Rob Doll for First Vice Chair at the upcoming State GOP Convention.

Rob has been a Congressional District Chairman in the past and has served the last four years as Chairman of the Muscogee County Republican Party, moving the County from Democrat stronghold to Republican over the last four years (2004 Kerry 52 Bush 48; 2006 Perdue wins the County by 500 votes!). Rob has left the Party in excellent financial shape and has been a tireless fundraiser. Not only that, he has been an ardent supporter of the College Republicans at Columbus State University and was instrumental in helping us found and build the Muscogee County (Columbus) Young Republicans over the last two years.

Rob will provide a steady hand and strong leadership as First Vice Chair of the Georgia Republican Party, and I hope all of you at Peach Pundit will give him serious consideration as you decide who to support in May.

3. SugarHillDad says:

All I can say is, Just Da*n. If Bobby Kahn supports you then you are bound to loose. Just check his record. Sorry Buzz!

4. saltynuts says:

Buzz Brockway is one of the finest, most-hardworking Republicans out there and we’ll be lucky to have him serving at a higher level.

5. PegM says:

With Buzz (and Sue Everhardt) in the running, I’m excited about the future of this party. Buzz Brockway is the best…proffessional, honest as the day is long, dedicated, and very very smart.
    I’ll be voting for Buzz!

6. Mad Dog says:

Buzz,

Good luck to you in your campaign. I hope you are treated with kindness and respect by your peers.

If you are the winner, I wish you success and respect.

Mad Dog

p.s. Anyone who runs for a public position has a special kind of courage.

7. MountainThinker says:

Buzz,
    I’m curious to learn what your intentions/goals will be as Vice-Chairman. I’m certainly very open to your candidacy as I’ve only ever heard good things about you personally and professionally…

8. Three Jack says:

anybody blindly supporting sonny despite his many transgressions, ethical challenges and most recent decision to fund a go fish initiative ($50,000,000) will not get my support. sorry buzz, but the gop needs leadership that will influence policy instead of go along to get along.

9. gatormathis says:

Rumors are abounding.

It seems Buzz has coveted this position for years.

Spurred on by the succes of his favorite super hero, Buzz Lightyear, Brockway it seems began collectiong all things “Buzz” as his idol faded.

Scavenging yard sales, trash dumps, BOGOs and whatever else , he has amassed an unheralded amount of “Buzz” paraphernalia.

Knowing he can capture the hearts of the ladies with soft plushables, their kids with the basic plastic toys, the “Lightyear” purveyor figures he will only need a plural in the vote.

Gone are the days of useless stickers and expensive slicker type brochures, which years ago, would have been useless for even toilet paper.

This unknown “stash” of “Buzzaretti” was happened upon only by accident.

The mild mannered, rental storage facility manager, seemingly cut a lock on the wrong unit.

His numbers were mixed up, and this wasn’t the “past due” unit he was looking for.

Affearing the possibility of someone with an unhealty “Buzz” fetish, or maybe even stolen merchandise, he doublechecked his information.

He could tell it was signed by a “Buzz”, but illegible was everything else.

Standing waist deep in “Buzzania”, he figured how else would the idiot perp sign his name.

Although he never remembered meeting his customer, he could tell he had paid his bill regularly, ever since “Toy Story” days.

Sitting in a local diner, delivering a continuous diatribe against some “Buzzaholic” individual, he was overheard by operators of the local rumor mill.

Wheras , upon it was passed around at the usual speed of “faster than light”, until it finally reached me.

Hell, I’m usually the last one to hear about anything.

I figured ya’ll had already heard.

Figured at least Bill Simon knew.

10. gatormathis says:

Bill,

I been wanting to make me a “blog”,

to get my name in blue.

Then I’d have to write it,

and worry bout what was true.

I was thinking,”What to name it?”,

And I really like the suggestion from you.

So I googled it up, yet there are so many,

I don’t know what to do.

Sounded good though.