The Chicken or the Egg

History’s Greatest Monster took his occasion at Emory to lash out at the Israelis — you know, the ones the Palestinians want to wipe off the face of the earth.

While Carter acknowledged terror tactics used by Palestinian groups, he said Israel will never find peace until it stops the abuse of Palestinians.

Naturally, he cites the fence, settlements, etc. I’m reminded of this AP report.

Rice met for two hours with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, resolute in his position that he must govern hand-in-hand with Hamas militants who refuse to moderate anti-Israeli policies.

Later Sunday, the U.S. diplomat held a similarly long meeting with Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert over a similarly hard-line position.

Carter himself couldn’t have said it better. But let’s look at these “similarly hard-line position[s].”

Hamas: Israel must cease to exist. The Jews must die.

Israel: According to the article, it’s “similarly hard-line position” is:

Israel will not recognize a Palestinian government that refuses to renounce violence, honor past commitments and accept Israel’s right to exist.

Only the MSM and Jimmy Carter would view these positions as similar.

1. griftdrift says:

History’s greatest monster? Last time I checked he wasn’t anywhere near the body count of Stalin or Pol Pot, another couple of historical figures that are casually tossed hereabout with hysterical hyperbole.

2. griftdrift says:

Arguable but closer.

Hey, I don’t want to get into a Carter argument. I wrote my first comment badly. I blame my being distracted on the Anna Nicole ruling.

3. Demonbeck says:

History’s Greatest Monster?

I cannot believe our very own Swedish Chef would bork over Cookie Monster like that.

I thought you two were friends Erick.

4. DMZDave says:

I think we should cut a deal with the Dems that we’ll keep crazy ole Pat Robertson locked in the basement if they’ll keep crazy ole Jimmy Carter down there as well. Carter and Pat Robertson seem to compete to see who can make the stupidest remark. It is amazing that there is still anyone who takes of either of them seriously.

5. mainstream GOP says:

DMZDave, I too am not very fond of President Carter, but in his defense..I can not say that I could say Carter is to the Democrats as Robertson is to the Republicans..I may not totally agree with Carter on this matter, but he certainly is more knowledgeable of what is going on than Robertson, and I don’t think he’s views are nearly as contravesial if you look at them.

Carter actually raises several good points, Robertson just causes us sane Republicans to shake our heads out of embarassment.

6. Skeptical says:

I clicked on the link for History’s Greatest Monster and didn’t see a picture of Reagan anywhere? You might want to fix your link…

7. Calybos1 says:

It’s a “Simpsons” reference, folks; Springfield couldn’t afford the presidential statue they wanted for the town square, so they bought a cheaper one of Carter.

When Mayor Quimby unveiled it, the citizens were appalled, and one shouted, “He’s history’s greatest monster!” before they started throwing trash.