Bill Simon takes a vow of silence…

and he didn’t even have to join a Monastery. Check out this comment by Bill:

Though I know that Bob and Scott Johnson will very likely get screwed by the dark forces that currently inhabit the Cobb GOP, as of this point, I am going to abide by Bob’s request to me on this race to:

1) act in a positive fashion on the candidacy of Bob, Scott, Andre O’Brien, and any other member of their slate of candidates going forward, and

2) refrain from engaging in any negativity against the other side on the Cobb GOP race.

Knowing Bill as I do, this is going to be a very difficult time for him. He’ll be tested like never before. He’ll want to jump in as some Cindye Coates supporter baits him. He may even take out his frustration on some of you, or even me. Nevertheless, I’m sure Bill can make it despite the obstacles that will surely come his way.

Good luck Bill!

1. gatormathis says:

I usually have a catchy comeback……….

but am somewhat at a loss for words……

how about…………..

one-thousand one…….

one-thousand two……..

one-thousand three……..

2. shep1975 says:

Don’t woory folks. I have Bill Simon whisked away to an undisclosed location where he is right now playing “go fish” with Vice-President Dick Cheney.

3. Lane Watts says:

(…attempting to help Bill so he’ll keep his vow..) So Bill, how about those Yellow Jackets? You think Tech is going to make it to the Big Dance this year? πŸ˜‰

4. mainstream GOP says:

Bill is on Anthony’s Wikipedia bio:

“With his rising notoriety, Hobbs has become a target of investigative reporting by the media. According to an article in the Creative Loafing newspaper, a Hobbs intern had this to say about him: “He was crude and disgusting”, says the teenager, who was raised in a strictly religious family. She adds that Hobbs was polite to people, including campaign contributors, when he met them. But “he’d say the most horrific things about them when they left.”

Hobbs has also been targeted by blogger Bill Simon, whose “Political Vine” is known for its attacks on conservative leaders. Simon was the subject of a censure motion by the Cobb County Republican Party for his attacks on Hobbs and others.

Despite his extensive involvement in the Republican Party and the sympathy generated from the Political Vine attacks, Hobbs is controversial among Republicans.”

5. shep1975 says:

The ruler says “ID Builders” on it and now I know what I’m getting for next Christmas…a ruler with teeth marks. Thanks Bill. At least if I ever need to provide dental records for body identification.

6. GOPeach says:

But Mainstream will not support Mark Grant because he had typos in his mailers. lmao!

He said – ” We should run a Doctor or a Lawyer against Steve Thompson”…

Dr. Mark Grant is a DOCTOR!!! duuuuuuuhhh.

7. mainstream GOP says:

I never said he wasnt a doctor, I said lets run a RESPECTABLE doctor or lawyer down there.

and I thought we’ve already been through this, I in no way claim to be the world’s greatest speller, and I type just as fast as I talk and normally don’t read over my comments before submitting them on this site.

Peach, I think maybe you should go pray to that shrine in your living room you have of Cindye Coates and call it a night!, What do you say?

8. mainstream GOP says:

…and his not using spell check really wasn’t a factor as to why I didn’t like him ( I just was reading his mailer one day and thought it was funny)…he got very sleazy and personal with Steve, and he was always talking about Gay Marrige and Abortion, you have yet to tell us why his obsession in these semingly non-relative issues to state politics qualified him to be the state senator from the 33rd…I’ll say it again: WHERE DID HE MENTION EDUCATION? TRAFFIC? TAXES? SPENDING?..NO WHERE!!!…so that is why I genuinely disliked the man and felt we could have done much, much better!..but you and Liberty and Cindye (if she is one that agree’s with you two) can go right a head and run him again, let me know how that works out for you..I don’t claim to be an expert at math either, but I’d say that running a candidate again who only got a little over 30% of the vote, when any normal Republican should have gotten nearly 20% more than that..I don’t think that’ll work!..but you know everything, right?

and for the 15th time, I don’t live in the 33rd district..so my opinnion on that race really had no impact.

9. GOPeach says:

Jeff-

I am sorry that you think I am hateful.
    Sometimes I come on a little too strong.
    If that is offensive, I ask your forgiveness.
    I mean no harm.

Mainstream-

I had you mixed up with someone else
    ( Jane’s son).

Re: Mark Grant … He is not going to run again.
    I am sure of it. He is a very kind man and I think
    politics is too much for him. The Senate Caucus took his campaign over and they actually called the shots on “the issues” he ran on. In South Cobb, there are many Conservatives who would have been ignited by those stands ( believe it or not).

Anyway – So many Fiscal Conservatives did not even go vote because they were so mad at the Republicans in Washington. That was very unwise. Now look what happened. The same thing could happen in Cobb County in 2008. This is what I fear.

Oh – BTW- EVERYONE-

I called Cindye Coates this morning to ask her about some precincts in Vinings and she basically told me if “I DID NOT TONE IT DOWN, she would drop out of the race.” I have embarrassed her, I fear and for that I am very sorry. She thinks that I am making her look bad.
    That is the last thing I want to do. If I have done anything to hurt her, I really sorry. I really am.

She is still pretty upset at the way Bob Koncerack attacked her at the Cobb GOP Breakfast because of what I had been posting on Peach Pundit. I know I am wrong now. But that is no excuse for Bob K. to “go off” in public like he did on Cindye. ( Just my oppinion). πŸ™‚

10. mainstream GOP says:

GOPeach, you are very wise to listen to Cindye..if i may say, I like this new tone much better, good job! πŸ™‚