24 Open Thread

Since Erick is indisposed and he usually opens the thread, I’ll do it in his stead. So, enjoy tonight’s 2-hour special episode and have at it…

And don’t forget to switch over to NBC at 10 for a new episode of Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip.

1. David says:

Rugby, c’mon. Everybody watches 24! And by “quality sport” you obviously can’t be referring to the Hawks, Falcons or Thrashers.

2. rugby_fan says:

No! Texas vs. Oklahoma State (a rematch of a triple overtime match earlier this year), Georgetown vs. West Virginia, and Louisville’s upset of Pitt at Pitt.

3. rugby_fan says:

Although a 27 point lead for Georgetown is hardly a quality match.

Now, if we could just convince someone other than NESN to show some Beanpot hockey.

4. Adam Fogle says:

That was pretty good pair of episodes, especially since the last few have been sub0-par. I just don’t buy that Graem’s wife would mislead Jack, even under those conditions.

I know she loves her son, and a mother will always do what is best for her son, but few people are so naive to believe that a kidnapper, even if it is the grandfather, will follow through with promises if the other person “does as they say.”

Put it in the context of having Jack Bauer in the next seat, and 99 out of 100 people will turn to Jack and say “your father just called…”

I mean, honestly, Jack Bauer vs. 200-year-old James Cromwell’s character… hmm… who would I bet on?

5. Loren says:

Is it just me, or does Tom Lennox’s assistant (played by Chad Lowe) remind anyone else of Ralph Reed? He’s a stereotypical arch-conservative, who looks kinda like Reed, and whose name is “Reed.”

6. SpaceyG says:

And Loren: Believe me, the only place Righteous Ralphie would be found lurking these days would be the boiler room — one at the Gold Dome, NOT the Presidential bunker, or wherever the heck that was.

7. Demonbeck says:

I don’t think there is a question of who Anna Nicole’s baby is buzz. The question is who the father might be.

8. Jeff Emanuel says:

Not so, Spacey. He was in DC a couple of weeks ago speaking at a conference which I attended as a media member.

Laughably (and inexplicably), he was speaking on behalf of all christian conservatives. Jeez – that’s like having Jack Abramoff represent all ethical lobbyists.

9. mainstream GOP says:

ohh..GOPeach, you mean Jack Abramoff and Ralph Reed? ;)..I think Kiefer could take ’em both at the same time lol

10. TM2000 says:

James Cromwell plays such a great villain doesn’t he?
    What a bastard for putting his company ahead of his family!
    Tom Lennox and that other dude are starting to make me mad. It sounds like they are going to try to assasinate the president.