Anna Nicole Smith Open Thread

Yes, she died.

It’s not PP newsworthy, but you guys seem to want to talk about it. So have at it.

1. SpaceyG says:

The checkout gal at Publix breathlessly announced Anna Nicole’s untimely death to me just an hour ago while scanning my groceries this way, “Can you, like, believe it?! She, like, died!!!” Her face was practically glowing with schadenfreude.

For a second there, I thought she was talking about Laura Bush or Hillary or somebody, uh, like, “real” the way she was carrying on so.

My response: “Given that the last time I saw her on TV trying to talk, in what was clearly was THE most drugged-out stupor ever put on camera since Jim Morrison, then yes, I, like, TOTALLY believe it!”

And they say it’s hard to engage the attentions of our young people…

2. UGA Wins 2006 says:

Larry King says tonight on Sean Hannity Radio: She was a woman with class…….

I almost fell out of the car laughing.

3. gatormathis says:

Class??

I ain’t sayin she’s a gold digga………

But Kanye West

Can tell ya the rest……….

4. debbie0040 says:

I notice that it i s mostly men grieving over the loss of Anna Nicole 🙂 Wonder why? You all still have Dolly Parton 🙂

5. Demonbeck says:

debbie,

If you think Dolly Parton is in any way a substitute for Anna Nicole for men, then you clearly do not understand men.

6. Martin Kopp says:

Well, she was not a great actress I agree. Talking about wonderful acting, I just saw again “Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?” and the acting was brilliant. It’s ended at 6:45 AM so you know that I’m a glutton for great acting!

Elizabeth Taylor, won the Academy Award for Best Actress, and Sandy Dennis for best supporting Actress! I just read that the film also won for Art Direction, Costume and Photography as well! Richard Burton and George Segal were outstanding as well and should have won awards too.

I couldn’t get over how much Dialog they had to remember! All I could say is WOW to this very heavy Drama!!! What did you think of it?

The intensity of the film reminded me of some other great intense Dramas, like “The Pawnbroker”, “Twelve Angry Men” and “They Shoot Horses, Don’t They?” They were all films that made you think afterwards, because they really said something!

7. dingleberry says:

UGA Wins 2006,

I almost fell out of my chair laughing when you said you actually listen to Sean Hannity Radio.

8. Jimbo says:

Debbie, I understand your analogy of Anna Nicole Smith and Dolly Parton. What Demonbeck said is true. There is no comparison as far as men are concerned.

It is not just a “hooters” thing.

9. rightofcenter says:

True, it is not just a “hooters” thing. But it is mostly a “hooters” thing. Truly unbelievable.