‘IF’ Max runs for GOP Chair….

…it would help Anthony-Scott Hobbs.

Here’s why: Hobbs has a small but dedicated following who will not likely defect to Burns, should he enter the race. Everhart on the other hand has a much larger following, but is likely to see her support erode. I doubt Hobbs would receive more votes that Everhart, but you never know.

Nevertheless, I see absolutely no way Anthony-Scott Hobbs becomes Chairman of the Georgia Republican Party, but a three person race is more exciting than a two person race.

1. Philly says:

Sue will still have the woman’s vote and they will not desert her.

I think Burns entering the race will hurt both equally.

2. buzzbrockway says:

As far as I know the winner must get a majority. I assume it’s like what you folks did; there will be multiple ballots until someone gets a majority.

If there is a second ballot it would be between Max and Sue – no way Hobbs make a second ballot.

3. Bull Moose says:

I think Max wins it on the 2nd ballot.

We’d be crazy to turn the GOP to a fanatic like this guy from Cobb County.

Sue would be good to make a run at National Committewoman.

My question, who is going to be the National Committeeman? Is it still Alec Poitevint?

4. jackson says:

How do you earn a position as chairman/woman? If you have the rules on that, i would love to see them.

I have nothing bad to say about Sue. I dont know her well enough. But do we want a person a chair just because the “earned” it or becuase they are the best person for the job?

5. burnsbacker says:

She might have already paid her dues as vice chair. But she has not earned the chairmanship, nor has Burns or Hobbs. the Chairmanship is something that you are elected to, not something that you can earn. And finally that is not how politics work, if you want something you go out and win it, you do not earn it.

6. Bill Simon says:

Let’s see: Max Burns has lost 2 races in a row.

Wonder what happens to his political stardom if:

1) His head is handed to him, and
    2) His head is handed to him by a woman in an intra-party race?

Currently, Max Burns is spending his time calling both U.S. Senators and all of the Republican members of Congress in this state, looking for endorsements.

Neither Senator will endorse him.

Not too many of the Congress-folks will either… the only exception to this would be Jack Kingston who has demonstrated many times before this that he just ain’t that bright.

Who wishes to place a bet with me that I know what I’m talking about with regards to the two Senators and most of the members of Congress NOT endorsing Max Burns for Chairman of the State GOP? Any takers at all?

7. Jimbo says:

Johnny Isakson will endorse Sue.
    How does this whole thing with Norwood’s bad health going to impact Burns decision? If Burns had interest in Norwood’s seat, then he would be foolish to run for Georgia GOP Chairman.

I hate to say this but I believe Norwood will pass away before the State convention. You are not normally placed under the care of hospice unless you are close to the end.

8. drjay says:

not sue i belive any of the rumors concerning max’s future for a variety of reasons–not the least of which is the guys at the ajc–reporting that sue appears to have sonny’s tacit support in her bid, and i swear i heard right out of max’s mouth that he will not be running for congress again, among other things i ‘m pretty sure i’ve heard recently…