Gingrey, Linder and Price on Mitt’s “Whip Team”

From the Mitt Romney web site:

“Our Congressional Whip Team represents some of America’s finest leaders. Each has a depth of experience gained through years of service to the American people,” said Governor Romney. “They will be powerful voices for our conservative agenda of lower taxes, smaller government, traditional values, and a safer America. I am honored that they are joining our Exploratory Committee.”

Apparently Kingston is leaning Mitt’s way as well.

I heard Gov. Haley Barbour say endorsements are mostly for the volunteers, but Romney is sure gaining a lot of support here in Georgia.

Hat Tip: Political Insider

1. ColinATL says:

Do these people have no problem with Mitt’s pandering to the winds of conservatism? Whatever viewpoint gets him elected for any particular election, that’s the one he’ll take. Shameless.

2. RuralDem says:

Paul is cool. Who else votes no to almost any “celebratory” resolution? I might not agree with him too much but I respect the fact that he is willing to fight for what he belives.

Anyone know if any House Democrats have come out in support of any Democratic Presidential candidates? I’m interested in seeing what the more conservative members do as far as endorsements.

3. MountainThinker says:

Gingrey, Linder and Price…what else do they have in common? 3 people who’s stock just fell more than a point or two in my book. I can’t believe they’d support an obvious phony like Romney…truly sad.

4. Tommy_a2b says:

Bull, McCain has to be the Craziest man ever to run for President. I think he spent one day to many in a POW Camp and I am serious not being silly, as my daughter would say. He reminds me a lot of Zig Zag Zell, if you know why he got that name.

5. Bill Simon says:

No, Bull…it’s the “money game” part of the race.

It’s not ideology for these congressional members that makes them decide…it’s how much money has been promised to THEM in their races for supporting Romney.

You will recall that Eric Tanenblatt was Mr. Georgia-for-Bush in 2000 and in 2004. Eric is now Mr.-Georgia-for-Romney. Gingrey, Linder, et al. like easy money for their campaigns, so, they figure why not go with a proven guy in Georgia for having the database of money-givers that he can turn-on to THEM?

The corruption of the House Republican Caucus by Tom DeLay, Dennis Hastert, and Jack Abramoff with the extensive use of bribes for legislative favors has obliterated the arena to the point where Republican ideology and principles do not matter in the slightest in their decision-making process. Money/Cash is KING.

6. mainstream GOP says:

This could turn out to be an endorsement our Georgia Congressmen will regret, if you want to see exactly what I mean..go to Youtube.com and search for “the real Mitt Romney”