Jack Abramoff, Ralph Reed, and The Washingtonian

Do you yearn for the days of July when we heatedly discussed Ralph Reed, casinos, and corruption?  Well, The Washingtonian has a wonderful quote from Jack Abramoff about his thoughts on Ralph Reed during his [Reed] campaign for Lt. Governor:

Jack said the career of his former friend Ralph Reed, then running for lieutenant governor of Georgia, was “flushing down the drain with his outright lies about his relationship with me.”

1. Bull Moose says:

Personally, I hope that in the ongoing investigation, they get down to brass tacks and bring all those legislators that took donations or gifts for legislative action to justice regardless of party.

We need trust restored in public office and a good solid clean sweep through both parties might just accomplish that to a degree.

2. Bill Simon says:

Gosh…wonder where all of those looney Ralph Reed supporters are now? Hope they’re reading the truth from Jack now about that slimy, crooked, immoral “God-told-me-to-run” candidate for Lt. Governor.

God doesn’t throw blessings on idiots like Ralph…or, Pat Robertson…or, George W. Bush who use His Name in vain.

3. Bill Simon says:

AND, just so everybody will know, I’m not a saint in any way. I use God’s name in vain a lot…I sin a lot on that score…and, God doesn’t bless me with riches from above either.

BUT, I have never used it in the context of trying to extract MONEY or POWER from someone else so that I might raise money to run for office or find someone else to blame for “telling me” to go invade a country like Iraq.

4. bowersville says:

“bring all those legislators that took donations…for legislative action to justice regardless of party” affiliation includes Harry Reid doesn’t it?

Ralph Reed is politically dead, if he runs again for anything, he only throws more dirt in the face of Republicans headed for the grave.

Is Giuliani looking for the political dirt nap in Georgia with an alliance with Ralph?

5. Bill Simon says:

I don’t need to choose sides in the presidential race to know that I will have lots of fun hammering Giulani for his political missteps in endorsing a flake like Ralph Reed for Lt. Governor.

6. Philly says:

Where are the Reed supporters now? We are all waiting patiently just like the Clint Day people did. It took a while for the Day people to get their revenge on Reed for his part in the race with Mitch.

We will have our revenge sooner or later. Like maybe if Cagle runs for Governor ….

Just like Reed did, Cagle has a segment that are waiting for just the right opportunity to take revenge…