Glenn Wants It Hard

The Speaker that is. And I’m referring to hard liquor sales. He thinks if we’re going to do beer and wine on Sundays, why not liquor too. But, he says he’s not necessarily in favor of it. He just thinks we might as well vote on all three.

I have a suggestion. If we’re going to do that, why not let grocery stores sell liquor? I’m from Louisiana. We do it there. Why not here? I bet you I could buy my bourbon cheaper at Kroger.

1. lawgal says:

In Louisiana, its decided on a county by county basis if liquor should be sold on Sundays. What a concept letting the local people dedide what is best for their area.

2. ColinATL says:

Isn’t the hard liquor add-on just Glenn’s way of making the overall bill too poisonous to swallow, so to speak?

3. stephaniemills21 says:

Colin, you are right. Also, doubt too many legislators want to give up those liquor store money contributions.

4. joe says:

HOW TO BUY HARD LIQUOR ON SUNDAY

1. Join the US Army
    2. Get stationed in Georgia
    3. There is no number 3; buy all you want.

5. Adam Fogle says:

As a once and former Louisianan, I would be remorse if I let that slide. I think you mean a parish by parish basis.

I accept your apology in advance.

6. bowersville says:

Why not add a 10% “sin tax” on beer, wine and liquor sold at retail outlets on Sunday and use the funds to finance Peach Care? It certainly beats begging Pelosi.

Then if a city/county opts out of Sunday sales, they opt out of Peach Care.

7. Chris says:

bowersville might be on to something. We got the lottery past by using it for higher education.

Still, I’d go with using the Sunday Sales Sintax Surcharge for road building. If you believe that bogus Robert Woods Johnson study, we’d be solving the problem from both ends: killing off more drivers as we add more lanes.

/snark