Let’s Launch A Bipartisan Peach Pundit Project

Jason reports a Republican legislator is considering introducing legislation to ban transfats.

Let’s have a Peach Pundit Project. Should any legislator introduce that legislation, let’s determine how strongly Republican the district is (the rumor is a GOP’er will do it) and then, based on that criteria, find a candidate to beat him or her. We can set up a pay pal account, find a candidate, and defeat the jerk.

1. Jmac says:

If we ban transfats, how can we enjoy Little Debbie Snack Cakes? Of course, considering I’m not entirely sure what foods transfats are in, I could be way off. It’s been quite a while since I took Food & Nutrition in college (the beauty of random college electives).

2. SpaceyG says:

Wouldn’t it be a lot cheaper just to tie ’em up and force Butterfingers down their throat? Whatever it is they do to a goose to make pate, do that.

3. gatormathis says:

I had an ole buddy who used to say,”If you got a secret, if one person knows it, you in trouble”.

I figure secrets really started a downhill slide bout the time they started making deodorant out of them.

4. StevePerkins says:

When are you guys going to stop pretending that affiliation with a major political party suggests that you have any sincere values or principals. Half of today’s Republican leaders were yesterday’s Democratic leaders, yet their positions haven’t really changed. Does this suggest to you that Georgia had some great “epiphany” over the past decade and shifted en-mass to Republican values and principals… or does it suggest that half the Georgia GOP are mere RINO’s, and that party labels are little more than a matter of convenience driven by racial tensions?

Maybe I’m wrong, but I doubt that Georgia RINO’s would be responsive to a “Stop the Nanny State!” campaign. If you really wanted to drive out a legislator for proposing a food ban, the more effective strategy would be running someone who instead wants to ban a$$holes from wearing Bluetooth earpieces as fashion accessories when they’re not even using the phone.

5. Jace Walden says:

Bull,

How is it any of your God D*** business if I choose to eat trans fat. I swear to God, I have no idea how you are a member of the GOP. Well, you consistently promote candidates and ideas that increase the size of government, which has been a GOP thing for the past six years…so nevermind.

6. jsm says:

“But then again you guys never did let the facts get in the way of politics for poltics sake…”

I’m curious. Which facts on bantransfats.com demonstrate that a person’s freedom to choose transfats should be taken away?