Please Stop This Woman

Harry Potter is not evil. It’s the parents who let their kids perform ritual sacrifices of their pets that are evil.

A suburban Atlanta mother who claims Harry Potter books teach children witchcraft said Wednesday she will appeal the state’s decision to keep the best-selling books in Gwinnett County school libraries.

Laura Mallory, who has three children in elementary school, said she has requested an appeal of her case in Gwinnett County Superior Court.

“We will take a stand for truth, and pray God will touch the hearts of this generation,” she said.

Mrs. Mallory, if you don’t want your kids reading Harry Potter, then why don’t prevent them from doing so? But why deny the rest of us the pleasure of a good read.

1. Bill Simon says:

I’ll bet GOPeach
    can stop her!

Or, would she
    join her in
    this endeavor?

Sorry, for writing
    like this! But, I guess
    I’ve been reading and
    arguing with GOPeach
    for so long, that I’ve adopted her annoying
    writing style!

2. tribalecho says:

Hi PP. Not been here in quite some time. Since back when I first found BFD and started looking for GA blogs. Your new format (new to me anyway) is very nice.
    Thanks to the fab Doug Monroe for pointing me in your direction.

Back to the original reason I registered to comment. THAT WOMAN! Is she being funded by some org we should know about? Is she trying to make a name for herself on the famously well-paying right-wing? Shall we all go back and re-read Blinded By The Right and find out how David Brock and Ann Coulter finally became

3. grabbingsand says:

Macbeth, Macbeth, Macbeth.

This is so simple, I just do not understand why it persists. If she wants to remove J.K. Rowling’s books from school library shelves on the basis that the witchcraft presented therein — witchcraft, mind you, derived from the writer’s imagination and not from some ancient grimoire — will somehow turn our youngsters into warlocks trapped in Satan’s own thrall, then she has to swallow the whole pig and not just the snout.

If witchcraft is what she’s after, then the witches of Shakespeare’s Macbeth are far more insidious and meddling.

And once she goes after Almighty Bill, her metamorphosis from annoying rabble-rouser to flat-out laughing stock will be complete.

4. CobbGOPer says:

If she’s got such a problem with it, why doesn’t she just home-school her kids for cryin out loud?

5. CobbGOPer says:

I mean, seriously, she’s got all this spare time to go fighting the Gwinnett School Board, then the State School Board, and now she’s going to appeal? Why doesn’t she use the time to home school her children if she has such a problem with the way the government is edumacating (sorry Mr. President) her kids?

6. tribalecho says:

CobbGOPer, are you really.? I’m just askin’ ’cause I’d like to talk to someone i generally disagree with but respect.

7. tribalecho says:

I’m sorry GOPer. I find that I’ve answered you in an unkind manner though we’re agreeing here. I could have sworn something else was said that pissed me off . Maybe on another blog? Anyway, totally agree with you. What’s in it for this woman?

8. Bill Hagan says:

Talk about someone going through life with blinders on. Popular children’s stories have for centuries contained aspects of the supernatural. Children and adults both enjoy fantasy. Finally in this age of the digital child there is an actual book series that children are reading and this woman wants to ban it from the schools. That is just tomfoolery. If this woman doesn’t want her three children to read Harry Potter then that is her right; however she should have no say over what other parent’s children read. Heck at least their reading something.