Where’s Andre?

According to this post, Georgia Politics Unfiltered is on hiatus. Andre has also resigned from his position on the Democratic Party’s State Committee.

I see the Political Insider has noticed this as well.

I hope Andre’s OK.

1. Decaturguy says:

From a sort of odd comment on PI:

By Robert Bunn

January 12, 2007 09:00 AM | Link to this

Not only is it obvious that the commenters do not understand the situation they do not strive to consider any truth at all. Not such a huge leap (or lack there-of) of faith in the general menagerie that makes up the blog-roll readership today.

Andre is having to make some hard decisions. While dealing with a scandal that could do as much damage to him as to the people caught up in it. Its values vs. Morals and Im for one just glad Its not me making this decision… I’d have already sold the guy involved in the scandal down the river and taken his supporters down with him. Which if Andre listens to my advice will be exactly what he will do himself. Theres just some people that only learn lessons by picking themselves up off the floor. Theres alot of those people attached to this issue.

2. Jmac says:

I had a hunch it might be connected to the Berlon thing. His original post that linked to Political Vine was pulled in the middle of the day, and then you get a litany of posts that said he resigned his committee seat, withdrew his endorsement of Berlon and then put the blog on hiatus.

It very well may be all unrelated, but it gets you scratching your head.

3. Decaturguy says:

Griftdrift,

I know, and I’ve been waiting on pins and needles and since he has dropped out of sight I was wondering if I would still get my surprise. With Andre, you never know …

The Berlon thing is probably a good call Jmac.

4. Mad Dog says:

I know Andre having met him several times. I don’t think the young man has a mean bone in his body. He is a well meaning guy. I hate to admit it, but I was a lot like him as a young man. I wanted to make a difference. I didn’t know how. I got my butt kicked over and over. And, I didn’t understand it. I let the opinions of my enemies become more important than the opinions of my friends.

I hope he doesn’t sell anybody down the river. He should let me do it. I have no problem with having anyone hate me. I’m so crazy that I don’t bother hating them back.

Andre,

Don’t be me. Grow up. Stay in the middle of everything. Don’t expect to make an enemy of everyone and certainly don’t expect to make a friend of everyone. (and the he** with those who can’t come up with a better saying than … sharpest tool in the shed, know what I mean?)

Mad Dog

5. MelGX says:

Wow. Just wow.

Andre is going to work for the DPG for about 30 minutes until the new leadership is elected. As for the “scandal”, there is none. It’s pure fiction.

6. DelicateFlower says:

I’m really not trying to be mean here, but just FYI, Robert Bunn is (how to put this delicately?) very possibly a pathological liar. I’m not a medical professional, so I can’t diagnose him, but he has made many public statements about himself and other people that are verifiably false. (It’s not just the usual exaggerating-for-effect kind of stuff that everyone in the blogosphere practices either). Like I said, I’m not trying to be malicious, just providing some information.

7. SpaceyG says:

MD: You’re precious hon, and one day you too will realize the value of a well-placed cliche… over pages of pointless babble fer sure. Keep up the hard-work-for-no-apparent-reason! Gotta go get nails done…

8. Jason Pye says:

I don’t agree with Andre on a lot of political issues, but he was operating a very good blog.

People in the Democratic Party here in Georgia seemed to give him a hard time and that’s unfortunate…maybe he did it to himself, I don’t know.

I do hope he starts blogging again.

9. Skeptical says:

Jason Pye – yes, Andre did it to himself. I’m a State Committee Member and have known him ever since he came onto the scene. His only friend in the party is about to get ousted in two weeks. Andre from day one has always been a little know it all, naive moron and has had the tact of a bull in a china shop. You would think that after going through the collegiate experience that he would have wised up, yet he continued to push on through life with the breathless verve of a 12 year old girl who’s in the battle of her life for a spot on the cheerleading squad. Enthusiam is one thing, and I applaud it in people, but his my way or the highway stance and his firm belief that he knew everything about everything gets old real quick and I for one will not miss him.

Now with him and his ilk gone maybe we’ll be able to get some real work done with getting out the message that Georgia is better off with Democrats at the helm.

10. Mad Dog says:

Skeptical,

Who are those of ‘his ilk” in the Democratic Party?

Seems like you could name names while blaming Andre and ‘those like him…’

I’m no State Committee Member and maybe you shouldn’t be one either. Everyone on the ‘street’ has been hearing the Mike “I’m unqualified” Berlon rumors for weeks. By the time I hear all the insider gossip, Political Insider has printed 3,000 comments.

I’ve heard rumors that Berlon is going to win on the first ballot and unseal the ballots to find out who voted against him. Sounds like the bloodbath will start before the ink dries.

Unqualified makes a good nickname for him. Petty should be his first name. And ex-Democrat should be his title.

So who has a ‘”my way or the highway stance and [a] firm belief that that he [knows] everything?” (besides you)

11. RuralDem says:

Is Andre still going to serve as President of the Georgia College Democrats?

Just wondering, unlike his predecessor, Andre could actually be reached and would respond to phone calls or emails.

I’d venture to say if anyone could make the College Democrats in Georgia a decent group again, Andre could do it.

Yes, that’s right, there is a such thing as the College Democrats in our state.

12. Jason Pye says:

Andre is a Democrat. He promoted the party and it’s candidates.

Drop the elitist crap.

13. MelGX says:

Jason, if you really miss Andre, he showed up on Opportunity for Georgia about 10 minutes after putting his blog on “hiatus”. Those of us who certainly will not miss him didn’t even get a full hour of relief.

14. RuralDem says:

I hope this is not an example of the party casting one out for not supporting the party 100%. If that’s the case then that’s sad.

Sure, Andre did tend to come off as a know-it-all sometimes but I would argue that everyone tends to do that at one time or another.

Is it the fact that he saw (for the most part) past the partisan bickering? On his blog he spoke about legislation from both sides that he supported as well as legislation he was against.

Basically, what’s the problem?

15. gatormathis says:

It’s nice to know that all the inter-party, nit-picky bickering isn’t limited to just one side of the fence.

I do remember the lil feller raving and ranting a good while back about something the Fulton Dems(or somebody), had done with some GOTV monies and strategies. Sounded like he wasn’t none to happy with the vote. I wonder if the guy won, whom the FD lauded their cabbage on.

Seemed like he vowed not to quieten off about the issue until he got “satisfaction”.

Remind me about a story one time:

Said a young bull told the old bull,

Let’s run down there and whoop up on some of them folks.

Old bull replied,

Let’s walk down there, we won’t be tired,

we’ll whoop all of em’s ass.

Gotta have patience.

Old age and treachery,

Will overcome youth and inexperience

everytime.

16. RuralDem says:

I know this is totally off topic but Gator I’d just like to say that even though I disagree with your posts most of the time, and half of the time I honestly don’t understand you, I must say you tell some funny stories.

17. liberty21 says:

I do not know why Andre went on Hiatus. I am one of the other people who post on Georgia Politics Unfiltered. I hope he comes back soon. We would miss him over at Georgia Politics Unfiltered.

18. Bill Simon says:

Skeptical sez: “…yet he continued to push on through life with the breathless verve of a 12 year old girl who’s in the battle of her life for a spot on the cheerleading squad.”

Dang, that sounds quite darned literary…were you a “breathless” 12-year-old girl at one time, clamoring for a spot on the cheerleading squad? 🙂

19. sndeak says:

DG and JMAC – You guys are absolutely clueless.

Go ahead and support the status quo at the DPG. You are helping give the cronies cover.

Berlon represents change, grassroots change and a bottom up approach….. Empowerment to the locals..GASP…..Nothing scares power more than a challenge to their old ways.

I think everyone agrees that the DPG has done a poor job the last 4 years. Why should the paid people stay on past Jan 27th if they have done such a bad job?

20. Decaturguy says:

What in the world are you talking about sndeak? When have I ever said anything negative about Mike Berlong? Me, “support the status quo at the DPG?” I’m sure many would find your statements quite funny.

21. sndeak says:

Decaturguy…my bad. For some reason I got you confused with Midtowndem…

PLEASE forgive me…..Mea Culpa.

However, your comments do fall in line with the status quo.