Ron Paul Announces Bid For Presidency, As Republican

I love Ron Paul, but the man is a bit delusional…at least he can count on Jase’s vote though…

Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, the iconoclastic, nine-term lawmaker from southeast Texas, took the first step Thursday toward a second quixotic presidential bid.
     Paul filed papers in Texas to create a presidential exploratory committee that will allow him to raise money. In 1988, Paul was the Libertarian nominee for president and received more than 400,000 votes.

1. Demonbeck says:

Ron Paul will garner some attention – from the media at least – but could provide for some interesting fodder during the primary.

My vote is already taken though…

“When I get out, I will grab a sword like Maximus Meridius Demidius and as a Gladiator I will stab people in the crotch.”
    -The Honorable James Traficant

2. RuralDem says:

“Another just announced candidate with no chance is Chris Dodd. At least Paul has a consistent set of beliefs.”

Please enlighten us as to how Senator Dodd is inconsistent with his beliefs? This is probably the first time I’ve ever heard this about him. I disagree with him on many things, however he comes across as sincere and true about his beliefs.

I’m asking you to shed some light because I want to believe this is not another typical case of “Oh look a Democrat! Can’t say nothing good about them!” that some of you enjoy posting on here 🙂

3. RuralDem says:

It’s funny looking at the House votes and seeing Paul’s name as the only Nay on numerous resolutions.

I don’t agree with him too much but I respect the fact that unlike other members of BOTH parties, he does not pander, he simply votes how he feels.

4. dingleberry says:

I don’t agree with him too much

That’s because you identify with candidates on the wrong end of every issue: “Moderate Democrats”.

In my opinion, a “moderate” Democrat is the antithesis of everything small-government minded people stand for. Unlike most democrats who only want to expand the size and scope of the federal government and redistribute our wealth, the “moderate” democrats take a page out of the right-wing nut job GOP handbook by wanting to dictate how we live our personal lives.

The “moderate” Democrats like Zell Miller and the “Blue Dog” Coalition are pure statists. Economic and Social Authoritarians–the exact opposite of what Ron Paul stands for…

Maybe that’s why you “don’t agree with him too much”?

5. RuralDem says:

Dingleberry,

Ignorance is obviously your best friend. The “Blue Dog” Coalition is a group comprised of fiscally moderate-conservative Democrats. Overall they support less government intervention on the fiscal side, yet they vary drastically on social issues. Half of them are pro-life, the other half are pro-choice. They are disliked by the out of touch side of the party because they agree with people like Ron Paul and many Republicans on fiscal issues.

To be honest, you have no idea where I stand on most issues so feel free to continue ranting. You are quite the comedian 🙂

Anyway, exactly what do my views, and your ignorance, have to do with Ron Paul and Chris Dodd?

6. dingleberry says:

Ignorance is obviously your best friend

Who said that you and I were friends?

Justify in whatever way makes you sleep better at night. I could care less. Oh, can I ask you a question though? Which of your “fiscally moderate-conservative Democrats of whom half are pro-life” voted for someone other than Nancy Pelosi as house speaker?

Ron Paul is for less government. Period.

Chris Dodd is another big government politician. Period.

You are a liberal statist. Period.

7. RuralDem says:

All of them voted for Pelosi. Your point? Last time I checked no one was 100% accurate in their political predictions. The only 100% in this case would be your trolling on threads I post in 🙂

Anyway, I suggest you go and read sometime, yes, that’s right, R-E-A-D. It’ll save you from embarassing yourself even further later on when you post a reply.

You know nothing about the Blue Dog coalition, hence the ignorance reference, obviously you failed to comprehend that idea.

8. dingleberry says:

Boo-hoo. Rural Dem got his little panties in a wad after being hit with a battering ram of truth. Your little coalition is dead in the water. And thank god. A “moderate” democrat in charge of the country would certainly cause the nation to decsend into fascism.

9. Demonbeck says:

Traficant was a Democrat who voted for Hastert for Speaker. He was usually on the side of Republicans and was ostracized by the Democratic Party. One thing is for sure, though, we he spoke – everyone listened. (Not because they respected his opinion, but because they wanted to see what he was going to say next.)

10. dingleberry says:

Cry me a river, RuralSocialist.

You thought I had gone. But guess what? I’m still here. And my mission is to expose you for the political hack that you are. You pretend to be all “moderate” and “bipartisan”, but I can see right through you.

11. Rick Day says:

Now funny. I’ve always said there were only a couple of Republican’s I’d give money to and vote for. Former NM Larry Johnson was one.

Ron Paul is the other. I like Ron. I’ve met him. Like Cynthia McKinney He has the right ideas on ending the War on (some) Drugs. Unlike Cynthia McKinney, he has stones. Real manly man stones. And he can swing them, by god!

He constitantly is the only member of Congress who uses the Constitution as a guideline for voting, which means he votes against everything becuse Congress really does not have those particular powers, they just choose to use them anyway. A few political SCOTUS decisions maintains a patchwork status quo and Ron Paul would work hard to dismantle it before their henchmen blew him away a la JFK.

or a lone gunman..whatever…

Fact is, I like Ron Paul. If he seriously runs (even if he may be posturing for VP) he has my money, time and support.

Paul in ’08. He Beats the Alternative.