At the Inauguration.

I’m here at Phillips waiting on the ceremony to start. I’ll give some updates as the day goes on as long as I can connect. I’m posting through my Palm so please forgive any typos.

2:10 pm: Judge Melton will administer the oath to the Governor and Judge Billy Ray of Lawrenceville, my old State Senator, will administer the oath to the Lt. Governor.

2:40 pm: Perdue and Cagle have been sworn in. Perdue had his Bible opened to the book of Joshua and quoted the scripture”as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”

The Lt. Governor is addressing the audience. Following up on his promise, the speech is mostly on his plans to improve education.

After Cagle’s speech is completed, the other Constitutional officers will be sworn in.

3:05 pm: Cagle finished his speech about ten minutes ago. A very gracious speech, touching on his humble beginnings and remarking that through hard work any obstacle can be overcome.

Governor Perdue administered the oath to the other officers.

The Governor is now coming to deliver his address. Standing ovation as Perdue invites fmr. Governors Sander, Harris and Miller to join him at the podium. Perdue honors their service to Georgia.

3:25 pm: Perdue’s speech expressed his desire to look to the future. His ‘2020 vision.’ Four years ago he had to focus on immediate problems, but can now prepare for the future.

Governor wants Georgia at the forefront of biomedical and nano technology. He wants Georgia to be considered a ‘blue chip investment’ because of it’s business like government.

Perdue considers his mandate to be a ‘good stewart’ of the State and hopes his legacy will be that Georgia was better after his time in office than before it.

Speech is over and the Choir is singing… what else but ‘Georgia On My Mind.’

3:30 pm: It’s over. We’ll see you tonight at the Ball.

1. gatormathis says:

2:40…….and the Guv is officially the Guv again.

That’s cool, I like that.

Sonny, and others, Congratulations!

You worked your ass off for it.

gator****is estatic!

2. mercergirl says:

Durn, I wanted to be there but I am pretty much chained to my desk at work. However I will be there at 7:30 sharp tonight!

3. VictoratGaImproper says:

Buzzbrockway said:

And Joshua Said:
    1: 16 Then they answered Joshua, “Whatever you have commanded us we will do, and wherever you send us we will go. 17 Just as we fully obeyed Moses, so we will obey you. Only may the LORD your God be with you as he was with Moses. 18 Whoever rebels against your word and does not obey your words, whatever you may command them, will be put to death. Only be strong and courageous!”

2:16
    14 “Our lives for your lives!” the men assured her. “If you don’t tell what we are doing, we will treat you kindly and faithfully when the LORD gives us the land.”

5:2 At that time the LORD said to Joshua, “Make flint knives and circumcise the Israelites again.” 3 So Joshua made flint knives and circumcised the Israelites at Gibeath Haaraloth. [a]

6:22 Joshua said to the two men who had spied out the land, “Go into the prostitute’s house and bring her out and all who belong to her, in accordance with your oath to her.” 23 So the young men who had done the spying went in and brought out Rahab, her father and mother and brothers and all who belonged to her. They brought out her entire family and put them in a place outside the camp of Israel.

24 Then they burned the whole city and everything in it, but they put the silver and gold and the articles of bronze and iron into the treasury of the LORD’s house. 25 But Joshua spared Rahab the prostitute, with her family and all who belonged to her, because she hid the men Joshua had sent as spies to Jericho—and she lives among the Israelites to this day.

7: 19 Then Joshua said to Achan, “My son, give glory to the LORD, [d] the God of Israel, and give him the praise. [e] Tell me what you have done; do not hide it from me.”

20 Achan replied, “It is true! I have sinned against the LORD, the God of Israel. This is what I have done: 21 When I saw in the plunder a beautiful robe from Babylonia, [f] two hundred shekels of silver and a wedge of gold weighing fifty shekels, I coveted them and took them. They are hidden in the ground inside my tent, with the silver underneath.”

13:1 When Joshua was old and well advanced in years, the LORD said to him, “You are very old, and there are still very large areas of land to be taken over.

24: 14 “Now fear the LORD and serve him with all faithfulness. Throw away the gods your forefathers worshiped beyond the River and in Egypt, and serve the LORD. 15 But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.”

24: 29 After these things, Joshua son of Nun, the servant of the LORD, died at the age of a hundred and ten. 30 And they buried him in the land of his inheritance, at Timnath Serah [d] in the hill country of Ephraim, north of Mount Gaash.

Where is my invitation to the Governor’s Ball?

4. gatormathis says:

mmmmm…I bet that would cause a stampede at the Ball tonite……

Maybe that’s why Sonny just used the simple sentence he did to convey his message.

5. landon says:

VictoratGaImproper

Your lack of brevity belies your prowess for witty criticism. Oh wait, couldn’t find a single policy to criticize, could you?

Maybe that’s why the Big Guy was unable to whip out a biblical reference Phillips Arena yesterday

6. VictoratGaImproper says:

Landon,

my previous statement was five words shorter than yours. The rest was from Buz and Joshua. Ethics, land deals and infidelity were the policy themes that you overlooked. What biblical reference was the big guy attempting to whip out? Arenas and whips, good imagery bro.

“Wow, Land Deals, Prostitutes & Nun, sounds a lot like Downtown Perry & Warner Vegas, Georgia to me… Who says history doesn’t repeat itself?”
    “Where is my invitation to the Governor’s Ball?”

7. GOPeach says:

Good morning Ya’ll!

The Guv’s Ball was great last night!
    Had lots of fun with many Christian
    Conservatives who were drinking
    water and dancing to Sweet Home
    Atlanta Georgia ( AKA Alabama).
    It was fun to shagg with the judge
    just like old times.

Now I’m out the door –
    headed down to the Capitol to help
    The HB1 Rally!

Anyone wanting to make history today?
    Join me and about 1,000 PRO-LIFE
    Folks gather with Rep. Bobby Franklin,
    Cindye Coates, Alveda King and others
    do in Georgia what failed in S. Dakota.

Georgia … a great BIRTHPLACE!