Georgians for Romney.

I just got an email from a friend of mine, Ric Mayfield, letting me know he’s started a blog called “Georgians for Romney.” As far as I know, it’s the first blog in Georgia dedicated to an ’08 candidate.

1. Harry says:

That was then, this is now.

Pragmatism in politics is endemic….just ask McCain who flopped the other way on abortion, or Sen. Durban who did the same; or even Ted Kennedy who at one point was suppposedly anti-abortion.

2. CHelf says:

But as he said one thing to get elected in MA only to change his position once in office, can we expect the same ‘change’ when he gets into office? Many Bush supporters all list his consistency and unwavering stance as his greatest trait. Will the same party that stood by this notion now embrace the opposite? Have we lost the taste for what many are calling stubbornness?

Seeing his skeletons on issues like gays, abortion, marriage, and recently on immigration, I honestly wonder if he can make it through the primary on a platform and not his past.

3. John Galt says:

Romney, McCain and Rudy all are flaming liberals who would get killed by a Democrat in the national election. A conservative needs to step up like yesterday.

4. debbie0040 says:

Bush 41 ran in 1980 as pro choice on abortion. After serving as VP under Reagan, he ran as pro life in 1988.
    The candidate with the best ideas is Newt, but I believe he may have too much baggage to get elected.

Maybe a candidate will emerge that will excite conservatives…

5. rightofcenter says:

Who is John Galt?

“Flaming liberals”? Only if compared to a reactionary.

As for Bush’s “consistency”, it only applies to his Iraq policy. Unfortunately.

6. John Galt says:

Rightofcenter,
    How can you call Rudy, McCain or Mitt a conservative on any issue? Rudy is liberal on every conceivable social issue, Mitt changes his positions when its politically expedient, and McCain’s campaign finance bill was a middle finger to the first amendment.

I’d love to hear their positions on the fiscal issues – that’s where I look first when making my decisions. But what I see so far from those three gives me little hope they are fiscal conservatives.

7. rugby_fan says:

One’s stance on social issues is not a reflexion on where one will stand economically.

Nor do social issues have any impact on whether or not someone is or is not a conservative.

8. defnotrep says:

lol at John Galt “Flaming Liberals!”

rugby_fan very good points.

Seems to me Rudy did a good job for NYC…maybe he could do some good for USA. I would vote for him. At least he has a record of accomplishment. I like Newt too…he’s very smart with good ideas.

I think Romney and McCain unelectable.

9. Bill Simon says:

Funny how it is “John Galt” using social issues to define who is and who is not a conservative.

Ayn needs to yank on your choke collar more often, John, to prevent you from defiling her hero.