Lt. Governor-elect Casey Cagle Announces Statewide Tour to Thank Supporters

Yes, this is from the press release, but since this was one of the first places that the Cagle campaign started making waves, it fits that this should be on here!

Lt. Governor-elect Casey Cagle announced today his plans for a two-day statewide tour of Georgia to thank those who supported him throughout his campaign for Lieutenant Governor. The tour, which will visit 11 cities throughout the state, begins on Wednesday, December 13th, in Augusta , and will conclude the following evening in Forsyth County .

Casey Cagle made history on November 7th by becoming the first Republican to be elected Lt. Governor in Georgia.

“I am honored and humbled by the outpouring of support I received throughout the state during the campaign and am looking forward to thanking Georgians personally for this huge honor,

1. Bull Moose says:

Ah, the cynic… Have you ever heard of being thankful and saying thank you? It’s a refreshing new trend in politics thanks to Casey Cagle.

2. Mad Dog says:

Hey Moose,

How about the guy show up for work on time and do a good job as thanks?

Then, maybe correct his resume’. Obey the conditions of his 2000 ethics violations. Stop renting trailers to illegal immigrants. Pay a huge fine to the SEC for making false statements. Resign from the Board of GBTB because he really didn’t have a college degree from Gainesville College or Georgia Southern.

In general, it would just be nice if he cleaned up his act before he takes his supporters and the state down with him.

🙂

3. atlantaman says:

I might check out the Hall County event, I have a feeling it’s going to be like MacArthur’s ticker-tape parade in New York City.

4. liberty21 says:

I doubt this thank you tour implements any ambition to run for Governor or any other office in 2010. I think Casey Cagle is that joyed about his election victory. He was that joyed even back during the primaries when i meet him at his primary victory party. every local news interview and photo shows his excitement especially back on July 18th. I am glad he has a thank you tour to thank voters. He is the first Republican Lieutenant Governor in Georgia history.

5. Bull Moose says:

Let me tell you this once and for all (doubtful), Casey Cagle is the rare elected person who honestly appreciates the public trust and is in it for the right reasons.

Casey Cagle will say and act the same during the day as he does during the night. His message is the same regardless of his audience. That’s a refreshing change for political folks.

6. gatormathis says:

What ever Casey’s motive, it’s good politics, it’s good business. Score one for Casey as he criss-crosses the state to personally visit and thank his supporters.

Which ever way Casey heads in the future, it is definitely a prudent gesture and shows sincerity.

Hope to see ya in Tifton Casey.

7. Mad Dog says:

Bull Moose,

Does that mean you’re never going to ask him any tough questions? Never going to confront him with my allegations?

Dare me to file an ethics complaint the same day as he gets to swear in….