Anyone Have Connections in Pembroke, GA?

A family friend was headed through Pembroke, GA a couple of weeks ago on his way back to Ft. Stewart and got a speeding ticket. The speed limit dropped from 55 down pretty quickly to 35 and he got into the 35 mph zone before realizing it.

Anyway, he was shipped out to Iraq the very next morning and has no family around to pay the ticket, which is very large.

So, anyone got any connections in Pembroke? Want to help a soldier friend of Peach Pundit out?

1. LymanHall says:

Isn’t Pembroke (in)famous for its chosen revenue stream? I don’t think the mayor himself would be able to get him out of that one. Best wishes to your soldier friend as he sets out to serve our country.

2. rugby_fan says:

Maybe, for those of us who aren’t Pembrokers (Pembrokians?), but still desire to assist your friend, we could establish a Paypal account where we could send monies to help pay for the ticket?

3. foray says:

Ludowici Georgia is (in)famous for this type of revenue stream.

In the 60’s the Great Governor Lester Maddox put a billboard up warning drivers about the speed trap.

4. mercergirl says:

Ew that sucks- I’ve driven through there before. I would think that the officers down there would cut him a break, I mean he is serving our country. What is usually done in a circumstance like this?

5. Demonbeck says:

Normally, the soldier would have to mail a check to the jurisdiction and pay for it. I bet that an enterprizing politician could make a couple of phone calls on his behalf – with proper proof that there were no extenuating circumstances. (Please excuse misspellings.)

6. Adam Fogle says:

I’m with rugby_fan.

In fact, PP should set up a paypal account for troops in general. We could pick a unit at Ft. Stewart/Hunter or Ft. Gordon or Kings Bay or something and use the money to buy gifts for christmas.

7. Rick Day says:

If someone would do the PayPal thing, not only should we pay his ticket but post a big tut-tutting billboard chastising the townsfolk for electing such robber barons.

8. Erick says:

Full disclosure: The ticket is, I think, $800.00. The guy is my future brother-in-law. He failed to sign his POA before leaving the next morning and none of us can get money out of the checking account to pay the ticket.