1. Chris says:

Some could say this is just cultural conditioning to further erode our privacy expectations in preparations for the unisex gulags.

2. jsm says:

I wonder how many break ups this will cause. Imagine a guy going into the bathroom, hearing and smelling something really rank, and then seeing his new hottie girlfriend walk out of the stall. I just can’t imagine this becoming something widespread in our image-driven society.

3. gatormathis says:

“I wonder how many break ups this will cause.”

The break-ups you mention will probably come from elsewhere.

Kinda like the bride at the nudist camp wedding.

“Shooga, do you take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband, so help you God?”, the preacher said.

“Well….uh…naw, preacher, I’d kinda like to talk to that fella over yonder for a few minutes.”

4. rugby_fan says:

Is the trans-gender student population at UGA large enough to warrant even one “gender neutral” rest room?

5. GOPeach says:

MOTHERS of young children need
    to always be with their kids in the
    restroom!

Never send them alone to a
    MENS room!

Use the brain the good Lord
    gave you!

6. Jen says:

Great idea!

I hadn’t thought about it from a transgendered angle, but I know plenty of wheelchair bound people who need someone to go with them to the restroom.. most NFL stadiums have such restrooms.

7. drjay says:

the transgender thing is admittedly a little “interesting” but most malls have “family restrooms” these days that kinda fall into this category…

8. ColinATL says:

Actually, if you go look at the rest of the story, the bathrooms are “single-stall restrooms,” so no unintended hilarity would ensue with multiple people in the restroom. I think this is a perfectly reasonable response to the reality of trans individuals. Plus, these bathrooms can be used by anyone, so it’s not a waste of resources.