Scott Holcomb Back In The News

This past year, continuing their self destruction in Georgia, the Democrats rejected both Sexy Shyam Reddy and Scott Holcomb in the Secretary of State’s race. I was rooting for both, particularly for Scott — a veteran of the Iraq War.

It’s good to see Scott raising his profile. He has a column in the Christian Science Monitor urging changes to the laws of war. It’s well worth a read.

1. Erick says:

Scott for State Party Chair? Something? I’m sure we disagree politically on most things, but he’s both a nice guy and very competent.

2. ugavi says:

Andre,
    State Senate? Tough to run for US Senate when you have never held any elected office.

Scott is a great guy, and like Eric stated I think I would disagree with him on a number of things.

State Party Chair might be a very good role.

3. atlantaman says:

It still amazes me that Gail Buckner was nominated over Scott Holcomb, Darryl Hicks and Shayam Reddy.

As a Republican I’m estatic that the DPG would consider Buckner the best statewide candidate out of the crew, but also amazed.

4. gatormathis says:

Atlantaman,
    Hoss, we take em where we can get em don’t we.

As usual, the dems got caught watching for a “buck”, so the repubs just slipped in there and got a “handel” on things…………..lol

5. Chris says:

I’m kinda shocked too trying to figure out how Buckner got the nomination.

I never saw a single Buckner sign anywhere until a week before the general. But Hicks and Reddy signs were everywhere during the primaries.

Maybe there was some vote manipulation going on behind the scenes during the primaries.

6. ColinATL says:

Man we screwed the pooch with that pick, didn’t we? What were we thinking? Shyam deserved much better, especially when he was the only Democratic candidate that showed up at the Christian Coalition candidate debate. He got applause, if you can believe it. But then Sadie lied, of course, telling the news that no Democrats showed.

7. Decaturguy says:

I think that Scott is a great guy as well. I would hope that he wouldn’t do something as stupid as run for party chair, though.