Marshall Wins

Yep, the last minute news from the DC gang appears to hold up, the 12th was a better bet, but still razor thin.

Overall a bloodbath for the GOP, which will be very good for them in the long run.

1. Maurice Atkinson says:

Looks like higher taxes and darn it no private accounts for social security. The people have spoken, government knows best….. I don’t think so.

However, congratulations Congressman Marshall. You’ve proven that you can work with both sides.

2. Bill Simon says:

Maurice,

The ONLY way we will get “higher taxes” in this country is if George W. demnonstrates that he can act with as little backbone as George H.

Unless, that is, you don’t know how our form of governance is constructed…?

3. Maurice Atkinson says:

The Dems have promised to repeal the tax cuts, that’s a tax increase. And I don’t anticipate they will curtail spending, however that would be a blessing if they did.

4. Chris says:

I don’t think the Dems will repeal the tax cuts. They’ll let them expire. The results will be the same, but it will give them the ability to spin it differently.

5. RuralDem says:

Maurice,

A Democrat can do no good in your eyes. If Sonny Perdue suddenly switched back to the Democratic Party you’d go crazy about how much he wants to raise taxes and all kinds of mess. The kool-aid has really messed you up.

I’m still seeing 97% of the precincts reporting with Congressman Marshall holding a slim 2000 vote lead. However, if he truly has won this race then the 8 District made the right choice and selected someone who looks past party lines and will continue to do what’s best for the people.

6. Bill Arp says:

I hate to say it but i have to admit I went close to 100 percent. Chris it looks like your boy Ford got spanked and Steele will no longer be VP material (both I approve of)…however Clinton was strong, George Allen got embarrassed by a very good candidate in Sen. Webb.

This year may have been the most uneventful election in history in history. No upsets.

Lets be thankful that Kahn’s federal boys took control when they did because, unfortunaely the Fat Cat Republicans have proven their stripes before we had the chance at a presidents election.

Yes Bush was bad, but Pelosi will sink the evervesent yellow dog democrats like a lillypad in a pond on a one legged race.

bill

7. Chris says:

How many here expect to see headlines in the morning paper that say “Democrats retake the House!”, or “Republicans rebuked!”

Or some other such gloating celebrations from our liberal media?

Anyone?

Front page online at the Telegraph has nothing like this. If anything it’s celebrating the increase in republicans in the statehouse. What a disappointment. I expected more from the liberal media.

8. IndyInjun says:

Collins was doomed by his abandonment of GOP principles during his last term in office.

Visits by Bush only reminded fiscal conservatives of their duty to vote against him.

Good riddance.

9. CHelf says:

Where was that 15% win? Where was the overwhelmingly Marshall poll? I think the PS poll was much more accurate than the Mellman Group one.

10. Maurice Atkinson says:

Rural, my issue with Marshall is not a personal or Party issue. You obviously don’t know me. And, I obviously have not explained my position very well. It has little or nothing to do with Dem vs. Rep., it has everything to do with my wallet.

Marshall presented his case pretty well that he votes conservative on social issues. I applaud him for that. My criticism has been narrowed to Social Security. I’ve said little or nothing about any other issue. To me it seems odd that a legislator can trust the public to keep and bear arms (in the alleged to be 40th most dangerous city in America), but you have no confidence in allowing individuals to direct 3% of their Social Security contribution into a private account that is authorized by the Social Security Administration?

That’s my problem with Marshall.

11. Maurice Atkinson says:

Additionally, that’s not to say I don’t “like” Marshall. From all indications he a great guy.

12. mercergirl says:

Marshall is a nice guy, other than politics, but then a lot of politicians are “nice” until you disagree with them.