Turnout

I’m getting reports state wide of high turnout despite the rain. There is not sense that it leans one way or the other.

North Fulton is experiencing very high turnout.

1. Will Hinton says:

Erick: there were at least 200 people at my precinct in Brookhaven by 7:15 and my wife told me it was still packed at 9:30. Ours is a Republican-leaning precinct.

2. Oz says:

Cobb County .. very Republican is also very heavy … as I noted in a redstate post, the election volunteers were heard talking amongst themselves and commenting that the turnout seemed more “like a Presidential election.”

3. me says:

Hey, guys, here’s the hot-off-the-presses first update from the -5:15:36 tracking program —

100% of the sane people say turnout anecdotes are meaningless — always have bee, always will be;

The rest work in campaigns or post on PP.

More as it comes in. Stuff like this, you just can’t make up!

Right?

4. John Galt says:

Meaningless turnout anecdote: Man and woman standing in front of me in line at a popular local lunch place discussing election day. Woman:” I heard the lines were terrible. I’m not waiting in line to vote.” Man: “I can’t believe anyone could oppose an i.d. for voting. You have to have an i.d. for everything. I used to support Republicans but until they shut down the border, they don’t have my support.”
    This is what happens when the people you hire to run your campaign (Rove and Mehlman) are the same folks you hire to advice you on governing. Campaigning to the right and governing to the left isn’t so hot a strategy, is it Karl? Karl Rove is an ALL CAPS LOSER, who knows nothing about the issues swing voters nad conservatives care about most.

5. DougieFresh says:

I agree that the “boy genius” Rove is over-rated. Look what the Democrats have put forward in recent elections, and they are STILL close??

Too many of the paid political workers are “souless” when it comes to political philosophy. They care more about what is EASY to sell than what is the right course of action. Unfortunately, they advise their candidates how to vote as well, and not just how to campaign.

As a volunteer of many campaigns over the years, working around these professional types, I can see why it is so hard to attract and keep volunteers. It really sucks when you find out that politics has so much in common with used car sales.

6. hankreardan says:

Lines are long in Hampton, Took 30 minutes, i got Srceamed at twice will doing interviews with AJC and Channel 46. Looks like we (LIbertarians) are going to get some good coverage tonight