Bibb County

Multiple reports and my own observations through out the day confirm that black voting strength is down significantly from 2004.

1. Andrew says:

Erick,

You should call up Sen. Brown and ride around in one of his vans for the rest of the day blogging live. That would be fun.

2. me says:

Not fair. Trying to make E. so depressed like that! You know that the constant reminder of a Jim Marshall victory will just send him over the edge!

3. mercergirl says:

Well I’ve been poll watching in the Godfrey precinct, so my observations would be the opposite. But let’s be honest, and please noone turn this into a racist statement cause it isn’t, from what I have seen the precincts I have been to so far have been in majority black areas.

4. DougieFresh says:

Anecdotal reports about long lines and parking lots being full is hardly scientific data about how turnout is going. Hard numbers are all that matters.

It’s like saying, “It’s hot today, Gore might be right about global warming.”

5. redsouther says:

I voted early, on Friday last week, and I noticed something that Erik pointed out as well. The room was full of people lining up to vote, but very few were black. Don’t know what that means, just an observation.

6. richardr says:

When I voted early on Thursday it was just the opposite. It was a majority black group (about 60/40).

7. Demonbeck says:

The more he posts, the more I wonder if Erick was the black man whose hand was covering that white lady’s mouth.

If indeed that is the case, what does that make him? African-Swede, Swedish African American, Swedafricamerican? Screw it, I’ll just say he’s a Maconian … er, Maconer? Maconite…

Screw you Erick for your twisted heritage and choice of hometown!

8. Bill Arp says:

Blacks will not be out for Taylor like he thinks…Sonny sat at Coretta Scott Kings funeral for 7 hours and has appointed a black to every big position at the capitol…..DOC commmissioner, Regents Chancellor, DHR Commissioner, DCH Commissioner, DFCS director, Supreme Court Justice, and probably athletic director at UGA. Often blacks follow the lead of the high ranking members of their race. This would have to lead to extremely dilluted black vote for Taylor…..I mean SONNY DID change the flag for somebody!

9. John Galt says:

I thought Democrats were supposed to vote on Wednesday this year. Someone call Cathy Cox.

sorry…someone had to make the joke. It’s old as the hills, but never fails to make me laugh.