The Southern Party

The racists . . . er . . . Southern Party (kidding, but most of you are hacked now, aren’t you?) has a new anti-Sonny ad up now about the flag. Get over it people. The old flag isn’t coming back and you people are going to get referred to as flaggots more and more.

In any event, you can hear the ad here.

(Thanks to JSM JMS for sending it in)

1. JP says:

Weren’t the “flaggots” the ones who put the confederate flag on the “Sonny Do” list in the first place? I’m putting “Drop Dead” on my Sonny Do list. Hope they DO vote against him, show Sonny what it’s like to keep one’s word!

2. defnotrep says:

Sonny should have put it on the ballot.

Why is it when politicians get elected they don’t do what they say they will do?

Georgians should have been allowed to vote on the flag

3. atlantaman says:

Sometimes it not such a bad thing for politicians to change their minds while in office, a lot of civil rights legislation wouldn’t have been passed otherwise.

4. MediaGuyAtl says:

Enough about the flag! The last flag looked like a place mat at Dennys. The Stars and Bars came about in a Democratic controlled legislature without a referendum for the public to vote on so why should it be different now? My heritage is not threatened because the starts and bars are not on the flag, go to a museum and check out the flag exhibits and enjoy.. the current flag is very classy and represents Georgia.. Can we please move on with more important things like a regional transportation system, and maybe a flat tax?

5. LiveFreeOrDie says:

Haha, a place mat at Denny’s. I agree with what you said but still don’t see anything wrong with politicians keeping their word. Actually, I do see something wrong with us letting it go so easily. It’s the norm I suppose. Sad.

6. Chris says:

Well actually your heritage is threatened, in more ways than one, with more centralized control over local and state matters amassing at an alarming rate at the federal level. That flag is merely a symbol used to keep everyone mindful of where the ultimate control truly belongs.

7. Jeff says:

Defnotrep…Sonny has only hurt Georgia and ignored every issue that has come to the Gold Dome. This way he can have an election year conversion and appear to have done all sorts of good for the state. A real public servant solves the issues before they become issues, or when they do…not before an election. DO NOT vote for Sonny Perdue, unless you do not really care about Georgia and it’s people. Hell, for a while I thought about voting for him just so the Republicans can shoot themselves in the foot on a daily basis again for 4 more years. There was a good article in the AJC @Issue section on Sunday about how Republicans run on principles and Democrats run on policy…nothing really new but I think it can help the public see through the GOPS B/S. You know, because they have turned on all of their principles.

8. defnotrep says:

The flag isn’t the issue….voting on the change is the issue. Sonny said he would allow the vote. He didn’t. It is like Chris said, who has the ultimate control…Sonny did and he failed b/c he didn’t keep his word and allow a vote.

I would have voted to change the flag….I’m not a flagger but I agree with their issue.

Jeff, You are right the GOP has turned on all its principles. George Bush, Cheney, and the rubber-stamp Congress are all guilty. I just hope as a nation we can dig out of this mess.

Do you know now people are investing in Euros and not the dollar….that speaks volumes. All the neo-cons better wake up.