GOP at PDK

I drove the Sonny banner truck down to Peachtree-DeKalb airport and viewed the GOP rally. I can’t say for sure but I think Fox 5 might have been broadcasting live.

The GOP had a good crowd, I’d say about 400. All the Statewide candidates spoke and there was real enthusiam that Sonny will win easily and he’ll have coatials.

Taylor was in another hangar some distance away, so I didn’t get over there.

Short post as I’m posting this from my Palm. Please forgive any misspellings.

One more thing: watch CBS 46 at 11 pm. Our phone bank might make the news.

1. ugavi says:

Fox just showed both. Looked like a much better crowd for the republican’s. Cagle & Handel had to be happy, saw both their signs behind Sonny. Also, saw a shot of the entire republican team when Wiggins was speaking. Never saw anything but Mark for the Dem’s.

2. Cotton Boll says:

A buddy of mine in Atlanta went to this event. Said there were lots of signs for Cagle, Black and Handel. I understand Gary black received a great deal of cheers – maybe you Atlanta people get it after all!
    Should be a good night tomorrow!

3. Jeff says:

Should have been there, Mark had quite a turn out. Gary Black is a joke, what experience does he have…a big goose egg. But I suppose you GOPers only understand experience if it applies to Republicans.

4. waterboy says:

Jeff –
    I saw the Big Guy’s party on the news. Very impressive with about 30 people there. How many were staffers? Also, nice close-up of Tommy Irvin. If viewers weren’t sure that he was old and wore out before, they sure know it now. It’s really sad. It looked like Sonny’s turnout for him and the GOP ticket was pretty damn big from the comments buzz made and the news coverage.

As for Gary Black, you are obviously either juvenile or just a moron. Gary has been working his butt off and knows the industry that he seeks to lead through the Ag Commissioner position. Nobody said Irvin doesn’t have experience – it’s just outdated, irrational and bitter.

Gary Black is the choice for the long overdue progress the Dept. of Ag needs and deserves.

5. GAGirl says:

Jeff, you’re so wrong it’s not even funny. You don’t know what you’re talking about. Gary has been in the Ag business his whole life.

6. ABB says:

Maybe 12 of the 30 people at Mark’s crowd were the same one’s living in the apartments that he pays for using campaign money. Don’t you just love campaign disclosures?!