1. Decaturguy says:

No one ever mentions what these “legislative functions” the Georgia Supreme Court has doing or given any concrete examples of how the Georgia Supreme Court has taken on a policy making role.

2. Decaturguy says:

I guess that is because it is just a made up crisis so that the insurance companies can try to buy a seat on the Supreme Court.

3. Bill Simon says:

Someone needs to tell the F***ing Federalist Society that when you write a question like “Who Get’s Hurt?” (sic), there is no apostrophe in “Gets.”

Truly, I don’t know who Ms. Holly Whats-Her-Face is, but, I imagine she is somehow connected with the Safety (sic) and Prosperity (sic) Committee.

4. Overincorporated Fulton says:

I have two favorite parts of this video:

1. Where she flaunts her credentials

2. Where she asks, “Who gets hurt?” and uses an apostrophe in the word gets. Sounds like some activist grammar spinning wildly out of control.

5. Chris says:

We all know legislatures always advance the interests of the citizens they represent, and never pass legislation that we the people never wanted.

Yea. Right. You’re gonna love what you get when the opposition get hold of the legislature and dutifully passes all their self-serving legislation, and the courts have been so neutured by your actions as to be powerless to stop them.

6. Dorabill says:

Is this about Schiavo again?? Hey I’m all about states rights (without the racism) but I also want to be able to take something “all the way to the Supreme Court”.

7. Bill Simon says:

Terry Schiavo was taken all the way to the Court…it was refused. That’s when Bush and the rest of the Lemmings stopped government to wade-in to the state matter.

Man, I can hardly wait for Tom DeLay to get his come uppance…that idiot.

8. hapierson says:

Guys, I am the “gal from the Federalist video,” and I was not arrested this weekend for DUI or anything else. I did have the painful and embarrassing experience of receiving a DUI in another state almost 2 years ago, but I have paid my dues, learned my lesson, and tried to move on to more positive things. I am sure you can relate to and respect that.

It also seems to me that there are much more interesting and relevant issues to talk about from that video clip than my personal life. The topic of discussion — the appropriate role of judges in our government — is of particular importance in Georgia this election season, and I hope you will devote your time and intellect to considering those relevant issues.

BTW, re garding the comments above:

1) You are completely right about “Get’s,” and

2) I am in no way associated with the Safety and Prosperity Committee.