We Continue To Get These

We’ve gotten a number of these on the tip line. I don’t know whether it is legit or not. But since we’ve gotten several, I’ll give you a taste of what they’re like:

I am Madeline Daly and my grandson will die if he does not get the medicine he needs to fight his cystic fibrosis. Sonnys do list added cutting some 2,000 medically fragile children from Medicaid and our little guy was one. He is uninsurable and we have gone through over $280,000 life savings and are refinancing our home for the third time, we don’t want aid, we MUST have it. Sonny may have a surplus but it’s on the back of the most needy of ill children, Leukemia, cancer, downs syndrome and cf are just a few who have been cut. Mark Taylor DID NOT use us as stated by some for his campaign, we asked him for help when Sonny decided we were not important enough to even address the situation. His office would not even have the common courtesy to return phone calls I have been making over a year back on this until just now, before the election, his people did call only to tell us NOTHING. Mark Taylor asked for nothing from us, not even our vote, but did tell us he would do whatever he coud to help us. I am so sick to death of this “good ol’ boy

1. ColinATL says:

No offense, Erick, but can someone on the left side of the Georgia spectrum (Andre, where are you?) post, please? I know you try to be balanced, or at least fair-minded, Erick, but the constant promotion of Repubs gets a little old for the left-leaning among us.

2. RuralDem says:

ColinATL

This is a Republican-leaning blog. It’s also Erick’s site. I think he’s trying to make it as fair as possible. It would be nice to find some other conservative Democrats on here though but that’s a rare breed.

3. ugavi says:

There are plenty of left side blogs out there. PP does a very good job in trying to be fair, even though they lean right. I don’t see any of that effort on the left side blogs.

4. alex17cole says:

you don’t know if it’s “legit” or not. I am the one who made the comment about Sonny, I gave my name now here’s my number, it’s legit, call if you want to hear the devastating things happening to these kids. 770-251-1970 or 770-364-9065. I am shouting it from the rooftops, these kids need help!!!!!

5. ColinATL says:

Just to clarify, I know the other blogs and can go there when I want a left-only viewpoint. I like this blog, because it is (was?) somewhat balanced (Andre, seriously, where are you dude?). It’s just that lately, it’s been one-sided, just lately. And I think RuralDem would be an excellent choice. 🙂

6. Fogle says:

“It’s just that lately, it’s been one-sided, just lately.”

ColinATL,

It’s inside of 2 weeks before Election Day and PP is going conservative because it obviously part of the vast right-wing conspiracy. DUH!

P.S. – I think the first “lately” was sufficient to clarify your stance that this is a recent tendency.

7. redsouther says:

Back to the topic of this post…

I realize this is going to sound heartless and insensitive, but someone has to point out the truth, so I guess I’ll be the bad guy.

As a father, I feel for the families who struggle with seriously ill children, and I cannot imagine what they go through.

However, as much as I would love to see every child healthy, I don’t see where it is the Governor’s responsibility to provide health care for citizens. This is a common misconception brought about because of our culture’s entitlement mentality. Too many taxpayer funded handouts have resulted in everyone expecting the government to take care of their problems.

Unfortunately, these political tactics are pretty effective because people allow emotion to rule over reason.

8. Lorie says:

Georgia has already agreed to it years ago. They opted to cover these children but within the last 2 years, these services have been cut or eliminated.

I do have health insurance for my children but through a federal loophole, self ins. companies can exclude what it wants. It excludes my son’s disability. Even before children, I carried health insurance on myself. It was my responsibility. I never thought of asking for a government handout. I like the fact that I’ve never asked anyone for a handout and if I couldn’t afford it, I could do without. This is something I can’t do without for my son. I don’t expect Medicaid to pay for everything I jsut need some help.

9. Erick says:

RuralDem, sorry, didn’t mean to come off as slamming you.

I just meant that you started your blog and never really ran with it, but if you are interested, I’m always happy to have another Democrat oriented blogger on our front page.

10. Bill Simon says:

RedSouther,

SPEAKING of letting “emotion rule over reason,” let’s visit the right-to-life mindset on stem-cell research and any other “life” issue where the Republicans demand that every conception go to term to bring a human being into the world, but, once he/she is here, screw them and whatever life they lead after that.

11. defnotrep says:

Bill Simon….well put regarding a great percentage now of the Repub Party…no choice…no stem cell research… I always say they care about before life and after life…just not during life.

12. defnotrep says:

Redsouthern,

You sound heartless, selfish, and mean-spirited in your viewpoint. I am amazed that people like you really exist.

It’s like you aren’t pained with an unbearable situation so you just don’t care….as long as you got yours.

There’s an old saying….But for the grace of God there go I.

Maybe God will decide to teach you some humility and selflessness,

13. Bull Moose says:

Is anyone else tired of politics being so divisive and polarizing? What happen to the politics of compromise? True leaders know how to bring warring factions together for the common good (JOHNNY ISAKSON)…

Please tell me that there are leaders in the mold of Johnny Isakson waiting in the wings, somewhere, ready to take the stage…

Casey Cagle is probably the closest in that mold…

14. alex17cole says:

I have watched my grandchild struggle to get his breath, I spent several nights in the Childrens hospital and heard the code blues and saw the little ones die, and I had to listen to my grandson ask me if he was going to die at 4 years old when he had such a bad attack and I had to pound his tiny little skeletal back to get the mucous out so he could breathe, so don’t you dare say you understand, you apparently understand nothing. We did not ask for a handout, this program these kids are on is only a little over 1% of the whole Medicaid budget and yes, Sonny is the one who made the cut, no one else, and I pray, as angry as I am with you, that you never have to have your little frail child ask if he is going to die. When people say they know how we feel I will tell you how we feel, ready? Someone tells you they are going to kill this precious person whom you love so much, not going to tell you when, just that they are. Now you have to wake up every morning knowing this child will die and hoping today won’t be the day, that,friend is what we live with and all we need is a little assistance from our government who has already promised this help and seems to be able to help many others who have never paid a dime into the system, I have, along with my deceased husband who served in the 82nd Airbourne and paid all his life, only to see his beloved grandchild turned down for care this government has already promised. Again, only 1% of the whole Georgia Medicaid budget, do you begrudge these kids that little money, Sonny does.!!!!!

15. RuralDem says:

Bull Moose,

Please explain how Isakson brings both sides together? Everytime I have heard him in an interview on Fox News, or another program, he always comes off as a staunch partisan. Granted I’ve only heard him maybe 5-6 times, everytime he’s always fussed about the Democrats.

16. Bill Simon says:

Rural,

Are you usre you’re not confusing Johnny with Tom Price? THERE’S a guy who bitches about the Dems being responsible for every wrong bill ever passed in the last 2 years.

17. Bull Moose says:

Yes, I’m sorry, I agree, Karen Handel seems to be a person that can bring different sides together too…

Honestly, fellow bloggers, I’m getting pretty tired of politics as usual…

Go see Man of the Year…

18. Donkey Kong says:

Bull Moose, you aren’t the only one tired of politics as usual…I’m still mad about a “conservative” governor touting a $1 billion dollar increase in education spending and a President who created such a massive expansion of medicare. Goldwater, Reagan, et al are rolling over in their graves. In fact, it’s not the politics that frustrate me it’s the policy.

19. redsouther says:

I’m actually not as heartless and mean-spirited as my post sounds. I give whatever I can to various charities including St. Judes and my local church. I am happy to help those who need it, and do so whenever I am able. I have been blessed with a healthy child, and I recognize my responsibility as a member of society to help others who need assistance.

I just have a big problem with the government forcibly taking my money from me and giving it to whoever they think deserves it. I have no doubt that there are plenty who do deserve it, but I also know that there are many who do not. If I want to help others, I will do so on my own terms.

Yes, there are a lot of people like me out there. People who believe that our government’s responsibilities should be limited to those outlined in the constitution. It’s not a question of my own views on charity (or stem cell research for that matter). It’s about the individual’s right to have a choice concerning his or her own money.

20. Fogle says:

“I have no doubt that there are plenty who do deserve it, but I also know that there are many who do not. ”

Well said. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I need to head to the welfare office… I hear they’re having a fire-sale… ALL TAX DOLLARS MUST GO!