New Strategic Vision poll

A new Strategic Vision poll, a GOP polling firm, shows Sonny Perdue at 51%, Mark Taylor at 32% and Garrett Hayes at 9% with 8% undecided.

For the race for Lt. Governor it shows Casey Cagle at 47%, Jim Martin with 39% and Allen Buckley with 7% with another 7% undecided in the race.

It also shows down ticket races as well. To views those, click the link above.

1. RuralDem says:

Good to see Baker, Thurmond, and Irvin ahead. Hopefully they’ll keep it up. I think those most of those who saw the recent Baker-McGuire debate will end up voting for Baker. McGuire did horrible, he seems to be running simply because a Democrat is in office, which is really sad.

Anyone else think the Lt. Gov race might end up being a nail-biter? Martin might be liberal but he’s a stand-up guy. Casey’s “vote for me because I am not Ralph Reed” stuff during the primary turned me towards Martin, though I will admit I do not agree with Martin on most issues.

2. ugavi says:

Ruraldem,
    I think Sonny, Casey, and Karen win. Martin is starting his attacks a little late in the game, plus Casey can out spend him.

It will be interesting to see if Buckner continues to try buy her win. I wonder if she’ll put another $250k in?

3. RuralDem says:

ugavi – I won’t concede the Gov and Lt. Gov races but I will say that Handel will win the SoS race. Not a big fan of her’s but she’s better than Buckner.

4. RuralDem says:

ugavi – I think I stated awhile back that I’d vote for Handel. I am not a partisan. My state comes before party. The best choice for SoS (Holcomb or Hicks) lost in the primary.

My issues with Buckner? I think the most important issue with the SoS office is trust. I’m not a big fan of Handel but I would trust her.

5. rightofcenter says:

Well, judging from this poll and the others that have come out lately, it looks like the little positive run that the Big Guy had has evaporated. I’m not saying the Fat Lady (no relation to the Big Guy, although they apparently eat at the same all-you-can-eat buffet) has sung, but she certainly is behind the curtain warming up her vocal cords.

6. John Konop says:

rightofcenter

I am not voting for Taylor. But with his new ad and if Hayes gets 7% to 9% of the vote I smell runoff. Perdue will win it, but I do not see how he breaks 50% if Hayes gets 7% to 9% of the vote?

BTW Jeff wrote a great story about this race on Townhall.com. This is a most read for anyone interested in the race!

7. Mad Dog says:

Martin has made an attack ad?

That’s news.

Cagle has been running nothing but character ads. It’s not about what he’s done. It’s about his character. “You have my word on that.”

Casey has been running on character. He has been begging for a character debate.

I hope Stacey gets the whoppen’ he richly deserves.

8. defnotrep says:

Sonny’s support is soft. He goes to 47% at the drop of a hat. I agree that there will be a run-off.

I think Sonny will lose over the Katie Beckett waiver. These parents and families have a real reason to get back out and vote.

9. rightofcenter says:

I’ll have what he’s havin’.

Taylor’s stuck at 32% in the polls. I would guess his support isn’t soft, but it certainly indicates a suckey candidate.

John, Taylor’s ads got praised on this webpage last week. Guess what? Perdue is back over 50%, and Taylor is stuck at 32%. Even if Hayes gets 9% (which I will bet serious money he won’t), it looks more plausible that Perdue will still get 50+ and Taylor will get stuck around 40%.

It really is enlightening to see Taylor’s most ardent supporters now wishing for a run-off. That should tell you all you need to know about the Big Boy’s chances.

10. John Konop says:

rightofcenter,

I do think you make good points. As I said Perdue will win a runoff. I just think that Taylor may pick up a few points of woman.

And if you use your math, which I think is about right, a couple point swing we have a runoff.

I think Jeff made very good points in his townhall.com article.

But hey I am no expert.

11. defnotrep says:

umm right of center….Sonny should be ahead he’s the Governor and he didn’t have a primary.

Watch the numbers this week Sonny will drop, drop, drop.

Women will end up voting for Taylor.

12. rightofcenter says:

defnotrep,
    Sonny’s not just ahead according to these polls – he’s 20 points ahead. Comparatively, he’s got a much bigger cushion than Barnes had 4 years ago. But hey- you may be right. If so, that will rank as one of the greatest closes in history. 20 points in 2 weeks. Who knew a Big Guy could move that fast?

13. dingleberry says:

Wow….

It seems like the Liberal Democrats might actually con people into letting them win a race or two.

I guess socialism still has some appeal to the ignorant.