Mac Collins Loses

You read it here first. Well, unless you went to Andre’s site.

Jim Marshall has out a mail piece with an endorsement from Zell Miller. Of course, given Zell’s track record in the primaries, Marshall might be toast. But I think when the NRA, NFIB, and Zell Miller are all on your team, you win.

But it’s nothing personal. I’ve now talked to five difference Republicans in DC who are predicting a 30 to 40 seat lose in the House for the GOP (but the Senate looks okay for now)

UPDATE: I’m told the Zell quotes are old and Zell has not actually endorsed Marshall. I still call this race for Marshall, however regrettable that is.

1. GAWire says:

Yeah, no chance for Mac or Max, I’m afraid.

The last tally I heard as to how many seats the GOP will lose is 30 (and that came from someone at the PAC at one of of those organizations you listed above).

2. Danny says:

I received a piece of mail from Marshall yesterday. In the right corner it had a qupte from Miller supporting Marshall. I don’t remember if it had a photo of Zell with the quote. I might dig it out of the trash to check.

3. Brian from Ellijay says:

Old news. Zell supports Marshall everytime. He did in 2004 against Calder. Also in 2002. I think the response was “Big surprise, a Democrat endorsing another Democrat.”

4. JRM2016 says:

Let me just say I don’t believe what people in DC have to say.

We may lose 30 to 40 seats, but rather than doomsaying maybe we should get to work trying to help our people in the 8th and the 12th.

If it doesn’t wind up being the Bloody Tuesday so many are predicting, control of the House might turn on a race like the 8th or 12th.

5. caroline says:

Well, all Republicans should hold out hope. It seems that every candidate Zell has endorsed has lost.

6. Demonbeck says:

Predicting the outcome of an election three weeks out is about as useful as predicting which way the wind will blow a month from now. Polls are either predicting trends or trying to show what would happen in an election if it were to occur last week. IMO, the only polls worth watching are those about a week out that come out half a week before the election.

It is much better to say that right now Mac Collins has a bear of a hill to climb to win this seat, as evidenced by these endorsements. However, in recent years, Democrats have maintained a trend of peaking way too early while Republicans have tended to stumble and right themselves just in time.

Three weeks is a LOOOOONG time folks. We will have at least 5 – 10 more “Who the hell/Where the hell/What the hell is Gail Buckner” threads to hold us over between now and then.

7. Chris says:

I’m predicting the GOP holding both houses, and the poll I’m looking at is the record high Dow. I don’t see a market rally happening if cap gains taxes are gonna go up.

8. RuralDem says:

Nice to see Marshall getting support again from Zell.

Normally I don’t put much emphasis on endorsements but when you mention a lightning rod like Zell, it’s bound to change some minds.

Go Marshall!

9. Chris, maybe the market is rallying now so that people can sell in 2006 before taxes go up…if they are really worried about that happening. Bush’s capital gains tax cut was so bureaucratically done (some dividends are exempt, some aren’t, you have to file additional forms to verify that your company paid taxes) that even the Democrats could offer a better solution: just have the shareholders pay all of the taxes and don’t worry about the companies.

10. debbie0040 says:

I think the GOP will hold on to both houses with a razor thin margin.

Voters may be angry at the GOP but the alternative is Nancy Pelosi as Speaker of the House.

Voters will not want Ted Kennedy and company to control the Senate.

The Dow is setting record pace, the gas prices are coming down and then there is North Korean threat… What other good news will emerge before election day?

11. Demonbeck says:

I used to hold out hope like Debbie does above, but this whole Foley mess may have sealed the deal on the Republicans this election. I know three weeks is a long time, but child molestation being pinned on an entire party is a hard thing to come back from.