Rasmussen: Perdue by 25.

Via Real Clear Politics, Rasmussen took a poll last Thursday of 500 likely voters that shows Perdue at 57%, Taylor at 32% and 11% undecided.

It seems like a small sample, and it’s not over several days as other polls seem to be, and it doesn’t seem to include the Libertarian candidate – which makes me wonder about the accuracy of this poll. Nevertheless, Rasmussen doesn’t detect any Taylor surge or Perdue collapse.

1. Erick says:

Um, Rasmussen vs. Insider Advantage. I think I’ll take Rasmussen, which though not as accurate as Mason-Dixon, is still a very reliable poll.

2. GetReal says:

The Rasmussen poll was done on October 8, when none of the Taylor negative ads had run, or very little had. The Insider Advantage poll was done much more recently.

I don’t think pointing to Rasmussen to discredit Insider Advantage is valid, considering the differnce in the time the polls were completed.

3. buzzbrockway says:

GetReal,

Where did you get the information that Rasmussen polled on 10/8? Real Clear Politics says it was done on 10/12.

Also, if you had actually read what I posted you would have seen me speculating on the accuracy of the poll.

It was not posted to discredit IA.

4. Warrior says:

Both have Perdue up by substantial margins. And with voting already going on, this is still shaping up as a cruise ship to Victory Island.

5. GetReal says:

Being a political geek with no life, I got access to both Rasmussen and Insider Advantage. Rasmussen says at the top – GEORGIA SURVEY of 500 likely voters/Sunday, October 8, 2006. There’s not really any way to post it on here (and I’m probably not supposed to do that anyway since it’s a paid service). As reported, the margin is 57-32, with 3 for “some other candidate” and 8 for “not sure.”

The Insider Advantage polls are dated 10/6/06 and 10/16/06. The 10/6 margin is 54-30, with 8 for Hayes and 8 “don’t know.” The 10/16 margin is 48-28, with 9 for Hayes and 15 “don’t know.”

6. JasonW says:

I’m actually really surprised that Perdue is holding as strong as he is. I realize he’s a popular governor and all, but I really am surprised that Taylor is not polling higher.

7. atlantaman says:

It seems like the Taylor ads have pulled Sonny back a little, but it’s interesting that Taylor is down as well (but not by as much)

8. GetReal says:

I think any candidate who attacks takes a hit. The number that matters now is Perdue’s. If you look back at Barnes in 2002, on Election Day, he got the number he had in the final polling (actually a couple points less). Perdue got basically everything else.

9. debbie0040 says:

Rasmussen was the only poll that accurately predicted Bush’s victory over John Kerry. I would trust that poll over others.

Will be interesting to see the results of Zogby.

The bottom line is the election is Perdue’s to lose.

But then again, the only poll that matters is election day. It does not matter what your poll numbers are, if your supporters don’t turn out to vote.