Freeman Gets Ethics Complaint

This does not surprise me. I think every challenger gets someone to file an ethics complaint against the incumbent opponent.

The Georgia State Ethics Commission is reviewing a complaint filed against state Rep. Allen Freeman that alleges misuse and improper accounting of campaign funds.

Freeman, who is running for re-election in House District 140, said Thursday that the complaint is without merit.

β€œI just think this is another attack,

1. mercergirl says:

Oh ok. I know some of the people there from working downtown, that’s why I ask. I haven’t had the pleasure of knowing them,um, during their working hours. I have however seen them out later. πŸ˜‰

2. Bill Simon says:

Ohh…”Allen Freeman” received an ethics complaint. I was hoping it was “Myron Freeman.” But, then again, Myron Freeman deserves to be criminally prosecuted for negligence in running the Fulton Jail.

3. mercergirl says:

Haha, not me personally, but they do come into the restaurants I work at. Actually, some of them are our best customers. I shouldn’t have implied any bad behavior- cause noone has done anything wrong. But it is always fun to see community leaders drunk. Hey- everyone’s gotta have some fun. Just like the UGA Sga someone was complaining about. πŸ™‚

4. mercergirl says:

Something else about this…. I truly believe the only reason Lauren moved is because she knew she couldn’t win where she used to be- on Vista Circle aka where she would have ro run against heavy hitters such as Stebin Horne and Allen Peake. After all why else would she move 10 days before the deadline to register?

5. Seth Millican says:

An ethics complaint of this sort is an indicator of only one thing – desperation. Benedict’s TV buy doesn’t start for over another week, she hasn’t run any mail, she’s not been doing heavy door to door. In short, she’s been outsmarted, out worked, out campaigned, and out performed. This ethics complaint is a cheap trick aimed to blemish the character of a candidate that is better than her in every sense of the word. It won’t stick, and Allen will win on November 7th.

For those in the Macon area, we’re having a fiesta for Allen Monday evening from 6 – 8 with Speaker Richardson in South Macon – email me for details. We’d be happy to have you.

6. MountainDawg says:

This ethics complaint is as close as Benedict will get to victory. Seth is right, this is nothing but an act of desperation to save a failing campaign. Democrats in Georgia have lost the debate of ideas-this is the best effort we can expect from now on in rural areas. Look at the number of Democrats that have moved into districts this year right before the deadline to run in a particular district. It’s a shame that Democrats are beginning to resort to carpetbaggers in some of the rural districts simply to field a candidate.

7. mercergirl says:

I was supposed to let Allen know I could come to the event, but got wrapped up at work until about midnight last night, would you please let him know I will be there?

Also, in case anyone in interested, from what I understand Oliver Bateman is hosting this. He’s a fine gentleman and I’m happy to say he wrote my rec to intern for Saxby. Even if you aren’t interested in Allen it would be worth it to go and speak with Mr. Bateman. πŸ™‚

8. RuralDem says:

“Democrats in Georgia have lost the debate of ideas”

And let me guess, Republicans have not?

Both sides are failing. The political environment today is too partisan.

9. MountainDawg says:

Rural Dem-
    Both sides do have their shortcomings. It is so much easier, however, for those rural districts to become Republican. The good candidates that would have carried the Democratic banner just six or eight years ago are now at home with Republicans. For rural Democrats, I guess this would appear partisan. It never made sense for north Ga conservatives to vote R and south Ga to vote D. The coalition of liberal urban legislators and south Georgia never made much sense.

10. atlantaman says:

“The political environment today is too partisan.”

As opposed to when? A Georgia with a one Party system and Tom Murphy ruling over the House like it was the Kremlin. When blacks were kept in their place and Republicans had no place. No thanks, I’ll take a choice of political Party’s versus no-choice. Even though there seems to be more bickering at least it encourages debate.

11. RuralDem says:

“For rural Democrats, I guess this would appear partisan.”

Most rural Democrats including myself are critical of both parties and their partisan ways.