Cox to appear with Perdue

The AJC’s Political Insider is running this story.

The press release just rolled out. Secretary of State Cathy Cox will make her first highlighted appearance tomorrow since her July defeat in the Democratic primary for governor.

It won’t be at the side of Mark Taylor, the fellow who beat her. Here’s the headline on the release:

“Secretary Cox, Governor Perdue to Cut Ribbon on New Capitol Museum Exhibit Tomorrow at 9:30 a.m.

1. RandyMiller says:

Lord, I bet someone out there’s suffered a stroke! Better go ahead and get the smelling salts for the loser.

2. ugadog says:

Cathy must have decided to switch parties because she obviously has no future in the Democratic Party. I wonder how her gay rights stances will play in a Republican Primary.

3. Mojo says:

Apparently Cathy would rather see a Governor Perdue than a Governor Taylor. Is she really this much of a sore loser? Does she really think that she will be seriously considered for any race in 2008 or 2010 by the Democrats? Say goodbye to a once promising political career.

4. defnotrep says:

Randy,

I need the salts. lol

She won’t fair any better as a Republican. Sonny at least switched parties the right way.

As a female I will say this, too bad Ms. Cox couldn’t take her loss like a man. She gives women everywhere a bad name. We should all be thankful she didn’t win.

5. atlantaman says:

“Cathy must have decided to switch parties because she obviously has no future in the Democratic Party. ”

Perhaps she feels like the Democrat Party has no future in the State of Georgia.

6. ladyd says:

I am not excusing Cathy Cox for her behaviour toward Mark Taylor, but it is her job to participate in the ceremony.

More than a half century ago the Georgia General Assembly created the Capitol Museum as a division of the Office of Secretary of State.

7. Mojo says:

atlantaman,

Then she is an idiot. Politics, especially concerning the longevity of the Democrat vs. Republican feud, has its ups and its downs, its peaks and its valleys. Democrats controlled Congress for over 40 years and now the GOP has controlled it for the last 12. Republicans have their day in the sun in Georgia now, and one day, hopefully sooner rather than later, the Democrats will return to power. It is inevitable.

8. defnotrep says:

Hmm well where will Miz Cox run.

I doubt Saxby Chambliss will concede the Senate to her.

I doubt Casey Cagle will concede the governorship to her.

Stick a fork in her, she’s done.

9. gatormathis says:

lady
    You’re right about CC doing her job. There are still a few months left in the year for these constitutional officers to perform their duties. The duties that they were elected to fullfill.

As her days are waning, she will still have functions to do, one being to handle this fall’s election. Another being to do the Ribbon Cutting tommorrow. So, take the bows, do the photo-ops and handle the business of your job graciously.

Some people who tell the truth don’t like being called a liar, especially by a liar, and in CC’s place, I don’t blame her. If she has an endorsement to give, I would give it to her choice as to who her successor will be. She is probably afraid to now, as it may hurt her choice with vindictive voters. It is not imperitive for her to bless anyone, she was out voted. Anything she does or says can be misconstrued and used against her. Ask Sonny as the ads on his little radio comments are now coming out.

It’s easier to not say it than it is to take it back.

10. Chris says:

defnotrep: Hmm well where will Miz Cox run.

A recent letter to the editor in the Macon paper speculates that she’ll soon be a Diebold lobbyist come January.

11. defnotrep says:

Chris,

Now that’s a job fitting for her.

Gator, what planet are you on? Everyone respected CC at the end of her race. She had a great future in politics. She’s done this to herself. She’s letting everyone that’s running on the democratic ticket, including Judge Hunstein, down with her poor loser behavior.

She’s definitely shown she’s not a leader.

12. Brian from Ellijay says:

This is def part of her job. Not really political, yes it is baby kissing/keeping up appearances, not really an endorsement of the Governor though.

13. atlantaman says:

I don’t think Cox is going to switch to the GOP, but even if she does there probably isn’t much of a future there for her. Her best opportunity to switch was before the last election.

14. landman says:

CC is doing what any smart non-wacko liberal would do and that is distancing herself from that joke that has become the Demacratic Party.The Dems are done in Georgia,yes they will hold on to a few of the lower statewide offices this cycle,but that is all.This will not be temporary either they are void of leaders like Larry Walker and instead are left with all right fielders and third stringers.

15. Jason Pye says:

I think I have to side with the guys who are saying that this is part of her job. I don’t think that this is any indication that she is changing parties.

16. mercergirl says:

I agree, it’s part of her job. I think everyone is reading waaay too much into this- perhaps with the absense of a debate about Ralph Reed we are left with analyzing what isn’t there.

17. debbie0040 says:

I think it is just part of her job. Why should she disappear because she lost?

I think she could also be sending subtle hints or threats to Taylor.

As a Republican, I wanted Taylor to win the Dem nomination because I felt he would be the weaker opponent. I think CC would have given Perdue a tighter race.

18. RuralDem says:

Jace Walden:

I think the true question should be what does she stand for on ANYTHING. She seems to enjoy the Kerry flip-flopping role. We all saw how much good that did him.

Sonny switched just as the Republican tide was rolling in. He made a smart decision for someone hungry for power.

If Cox does switch I doubt it would do any good for her as the Republicans are not having to build and build and build now.

19. RuralDem says:

Oh that reminds me.

Taylor and Cox are in the same Congressional District currently held by Congressman Sanford Bishop.

Does anyone think that if Taylor loses he might run for that seat? Also, imagine a Cox/Bishop matchup. I think Bishop would win by far, but it would still be quite interesting!