I wonder if going negative was on the “Sonny-Do” list…

“Wouldn’t it be nice if we go the whole campaign without those negative ads like they had in the Democratic Primary?”

-Sonny Perdue in this tv ad now airing across Georgia

Well, here’s evidence (click here and here) of Sonny Perdue doing the exact opposite of what he promised in that ad.

Where are those “Sonny Lied” signs when you need them?

1. Mojo says:

You know, I’ve seen bad political ads before but this one takes the cake. From the cheesy dialogue to the patronizing tone, to the outright doublespeak of using negative campaigning to accuse Taylor of negative campaigning. Seems to me that the first salvo was opened by Sonny. He think he’s sly, but he isn’t.

2. caroline says:

Sonny has to do this because there are reports that the GOP is going to lose up to 50 seats in Nov. I’m sure he’s going negative to “equalize” the turnout in Nov. I guess he’s afraid the down draft from Washington will drown him.

If he wants to win, he needs to start trashing the National GOP.

3. Mad Dog says:

caroline,

Are you starting the rumor that Sonny will have a epiphany?

Will he flip flop parties again?

Is that on his Sonny Do List?

4. caroline says:

Mad dog,
    LOL, that’s a good one! No rumor starting for me but the news is reporting that Hastert has a huge river flowing down stream!

Who knows what’s on his Sonny Do list? Those are the stupidest commercials I have ever seen!

5. ugavi says:

Give me a break.

6. RandyMiller says:

Andre,

While that flyer isn’t the path I’d choose, it does appear to be truthful.
    Didn’t Mark Taylor and Sen. Charles Walker (who now sits in prison, and was Marks closest ally under the gold dome) keep that vote from getting to the floor. Defense of scouting bill re: our Boy Scouts and gay scoutmasters? (Man, bet you can’t find someone who’d vote that down after this past week up in DC)! The Georgia Equality project lobbyied
    Taylor and Walker for this.

Also, isn’t Mark Taylor a chum of Ann Rose, whose greatest contribution to mankind is http://www.abortionclinic.com, and is an advocate of partial birth abortion even when the mothers life isn’t in danger? Then I guess all that stuff about Emily’s List and Cathy Cox that Rick Dent
    found so repulsive was a lie, or since Mark won the primary he can accept endorsements and support from people like Ann Rose.

7. When the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that groups such as the Boy Scouts of America have the right to limit membership and ban gays as members and scoutmasters based on their beliefs, the GOP proposed legislation to protect them from being kicked out public facilities.

Originally proposed by Glenn Richardson and Earl Earhart, the Defense of Scouting Act was designed to protect private youth organizations from being shut out of state facilities or denied grants because of membership requirements. Phil Gingrey and a bipartisan group of senators proposed a companion measure (SB 191) in the senate. 54 of the 56 members of the senate signed on to the legislation[1]. In 2002, Taylor was accused of killing this legislation when he adjourned the senate before the bill was voted on:

“Taylor has shown himself to be more interested in placating the extremists in the homosexual lobby than in respecting the legislators and citizens he supposedly represent.

8. Mad Dog says:

ANDRE!

Burn them with the FACTS!

(Right after you bait them and get them to take the bait!)

I might have to stay up all night just to gloat. Ops! I mean, to read the pithy comeback …

Another Democrat stands up for the law. That means another conservative has to make up a lie.

Conservatives just hate being trapped by the facts!

MD

9. Mojo says:

To be honest, why does Sonny have to comment on the Hastert issue? Sonny is running for governor of GEORGIA, his opinion has no bearing on the national stage of Congressional Republicans. That would be like demanding Eliot Spitzer in New York to answer for comments made by Cynthia McKinney. It just isn’t relevant.

10. Decaturguy says:

Finally, finally, something to make me want to vote for Mark Taylor and against Sonny. Before, I had seriously been considering leaving this election blank or voting for the Libertarian out of protest.

11. Skeptical says:

ugavi says “Taylor comes out with ad with some kids and attacks Sonny for cutting the education budget by $1B and that’s not a negative attack ad.”

No, Taylor is simply stating facts. Why do republicans have trouble with facts? Do you prefer a kinder, gentler ‘factiness’ (something along the lines of truthiness)??

12. rightofcenter says:

And how pray tell would he force the issue? Perhaps he can also force the issue on the Iraq War. Maybe get Sonny to give heads up or down to Condi as Secretary of State. I wonder what Sonny thinks about Bill Frist as Majority Leader? These would be about as relevant to the campaign for governor. I hope Mark Taylor does concentrate on these issues. It will certainly be a sign of the status of his campaign.

13. Mojo says:

rightofcenter,

Do I have to repeat my previous comment on my question of why Sonny would have to answer for national issues, or do you need your hand held?

14. defnotrep says:

RANDYMILLER,

Thank goodness for people like Ann Rose.

I guess you would prefer to go back to the days when abortion was illegal.

Would you prefer this to safe conditions for women???

15. JasonW says:

I have no problems with either Sonny’s ads or Mark’s ads…maybe thats because nobody has given me a good definition of Negative Ad’s and why they’re so bad, since they’re normally the truth.

16. Mojo says:

JasonW,

There is nothing wrong with negative ads. Often they are a good way for the candidate to show voters the differences b/w them and their opponent. What I don’t like is hypocrisy and Sonny was hypocritical. That is another example of why I will not vote for Perdue, I cannot trust him.