So Chime In

Bumped up top for the evening. I can’t believe you people don’t like the clean look of this design. Good grief! And here I thought I was doing something good. I might just keep it around for a little while. And Stephanie, I moved the comments link to the bottom of the posts.

Some newer posts may appear below this one.

——————

I’m experimenting with this new look for Peach Pundit. Thoughts?

You’ll notice that the Archives and About page show a GaTech masthead.

Clicking into a story shows a UGA masthead. We try to be balanced around here.

1. Demonbeck says:

I like the old look better, but you could include some pictures of pork chops and Pabst on the site to make some of us feel more at home.

2. ugavi says:

I like the new look.

When you click on recent comments it doesn’t take you to the most recent comments, it takes you to the top of the thread.

3. stephaniemills21 says:

I prefer the old look, but really do not care. What i do not like is that the comment button is at the top of the post and not at the bottom. Don’t like having to read the whole thing, then scroll back to the top to comment. Also, i think it leads to people commenting before they read the whole post. Though, that has always been a prolem.

4. Bill Simon says:

Erick,

Time to update your ABOUT section. For instance, this is extinct: “The Lieutenant Governor’s race is equally exciting, with a Republican Primary season showing us you don’t need to wait for July 4th to enjoy some fireworks. Ralph Reed, the nationally known conservative political consultant is coming on strong against Casey Cagle, the enthusiastic State Senator who made a splash in Georgia Politics a decade ago.”

🙂

5. Demonbeck says:

Where is the Georgia Southern portion of this website?

As a stodgy old conservative, I do appreciate the lack of color on this version.

6. Demonbeck says:

Andre, this isn’t even New Pundit vs. “Classic” Pundit – this is Crystal Pundit vs. “Classic” Pundit.

7. Mike says:

Again, no offense, but this new format is so far beyond lame that the light from lame won’t reach it for neary 50 million light years.

8. ColinATL says:

Don’t like it. Does this template not have a comment count for each item, or do you have to click through each article to see how much commenting is going on?

9. UGAMatthew says:

I’m nuetral; however, do wish the Arch was the UGA Header…as much as I love our ball games; contrary to Bill’s popular belief, are actually a very fine research institution…;)

10. Fogle says:

I think it’s pretty plain… which isn’t necessarily a bad thing… but it’s not a good thing either.

My problem is that the three headers are: Atlanta, Athens and Atlanta. Don’t forget that there is an ENTIRE STATE that exists outside of Atlanta and Athens.

11. Bill Simon says:

Also…I think you should send an invoice to SunTrust and Delta for advertsing their names on your site if you’re gonna stick that behemoth of a scoreboard on the site.

12. gatormathis says:

I liked the previos a lot better. Not that you didn’t do a good job on this. I just liked the previous better.

As one bounces from blog to blog, the Peach format was pleasantly different. And the background made it easier to read. These blogs are fun to read and a lot better for current information, inuendo, and gossip. Heck, who knows what is and isn’t true on here.

I hear they got blogs in Alabama now.

13. stephaniemills21 says:

Erick,

Thanks for the comment function. Things like that keep me from posting on certain blogs.

Thought a little more about the new site design and, though I hate to say it, I agree with Gator that PP’s design was “pleasantly different.” I almost saw the design as a brand. It looked like nothing else out there. The new design, while nice and eyecatching, is not special. I have seen many blogs that look very similar. I remember this post that you (at least i think it was you, could have been clayton) wrote where you were at a coffee shop in Dunwoody (something about car trouble) using thier WiFi and you saw another customer reading PP. With the new design I just do not see that happening (at least thus far, you may have more changes in mind).

I have to say, I always liked the simplicity of the design. I used how long it took PP to load to know if my internet was up to speed. One thing that has been a boon for Drudge was the simplicity of the site. Besides having breaking news, his site is easy to navigate and the font is unmistakable. How many times have you seen Drudge on someone’s computer or in a TV show and knew immediately what it was. Just something to think about.

14. Jace Walden says:

Jen,

Re: Your Photo

That is an awesome photo. But, as a Bulldog fan, I have to recommend that Erick disapprove of its use. That photo is just a reminder of what a shitty game UGA played.

15. kspencer says:

Your most recent attempts – including this one – have one ‘gripe point’ for me. Up in the recent comments section, there’s a line for “there are x more unread comments”. That’s nice, but it doesn’t link to a full list.

FWIW, it also looks really peculiar when there is only one more unread comment. plural verb and plural descriptive object with singular subject… twitch. (grin)

16. buzzbrockway says:

Actually Mike, the NCAA reversed themselves on appeal and the records stand.

While Tech did get sanctioned by the NCAA, people who support a school that gets sanctioned on average every 4 years shouldn’t throw stones. 🙂

17. SpaceyG says:

The new design is luring wackos out of the woodwork ata furious pace. If that was your intention, then you have succeeded expectations already. I am soooo out of this loony bin.

18. Mike says:

Awe man!!!!!!! It was nice knowing that Tech hadn’t beat us since 1990. I guess I’ll just have to be content with 5 in a row.

19. kspencer says:

Erick, ok, thanks. I went and took a look at the designer’s page for Smart Unread Comments and see the problem is a known flaw – first complaint almost a year ago. I think I can see where the fix needs to be, but a) I’m not a programmer and b) it’s not my blog (grin).

You might give the author – Brett Taylor – a nudge (grin). Brett at webfrootDOTcoDOTnz .

Kirk

20. Mike says:

After watching UGA’s horrendous performance last Saturday, the Tri-Lams have a pretty fair shot at us this year. Damn those rascally nerds!!!