I hear….

….that Insider Advantage is out with a poll on the Governor and Lt. Governor’s race.

Perdue 52, Taylor 32, Hayes 6.
Cagle 37, Martin 36, Buckley 6.

More details as they emerge.

It would seem the numbers for the Libertarian candidate are in line with other polls. Also, the numbers in the Lt. Governor race are similar with those Martin put out a few days ago.

UPDATE

Here’s the AJC article about the IA poll (Hat Tip: ugavi)

Perdue leads Taylor 52 percent to 32 percent in a new poll released this afternoon by Atlanta-based InsiderAdvantage, an Internet media and polling firm. Libertarian Garrett Hayes had six percent, and 10 percent were undecided.

The poll, taken Tuesday and Wednesday, was of 500 likely voters, and had a 4 percent margin of error, the firm said.

Matt Towery, CEO of InsiderAdvantage and a former Republican lawmaker, said Taylor’s campaign is clearly heading in the wrong direction. Earlier polls had Perdue below 50 percent of the vote.

“Taylor’s ads have been too soft and are leaving no impression with the voters,” he said. “His only hope is to bloody Perdue up and hope to bring the governor under 50 percent by election day.

“If the Libertarian candidate remains at current levels, that could throw the election into a Dec. 5 runoff. But Perdue is gaining ground. He’s not losing it, and the clock is ticking.”

1. Those numbers add up to 90%, so is 10% Undecided in the gubernatorial race?

If so, then I think that Mark Taylor has to win the undecideds and hope that Garrett Hayes siphons off support from Sonny Perdue to get him under 50%.

I know that Zogby is conducting a Georgia poll too, so we’ll have to see what their numbers say as well.

2. buzzbrockway says:

Yes. Martin’s got to be feeling pretty good right now.

I still think Cagle’s in good shape, and once his TV get’s rolling I think we’ll see some separation.

3. Jason Pye says:

If you want this to happen then Taylor has to start doing something.

4. defnotrep says:

Casey Cagle has a track record that could come back to haunt him. He served on the Senate Banking and Financial Institutions Committee in the Senate. He may have even Chaired it, but I’m not sure. This committee has jurisdiction over financial institutions such as banks and real property finance.

How does Cagle make his living…Banking and Real Estate. Now this could be a good thing bc he has knowledge of the industries or it could be a bad thing depending on his record of bills sponsored and votes. Time will tell.

I should note I don’t like Casey too much. I have a gripe with him.

Also, I should note I do like Jim Martin. He’s a stand-up guy.

I respect him for serving our Country in Viet Nam. Wonder if ole Casey ever served, maybe in the Gulf War…I don’t think so.

5. gatormathis says:

You know Bill, I’m glad you said that, because I was sitting here thinking the same thing myself.

It is REALLY nice to have the better looking ticket going into an election for a change ain’t it Hoss.

6. atlantaman says:

“How does Cagle make his living…Banking and Real Estate. Now this could be a good thing bc he has knowledge of the industries or it could be a bad thing depending on his record of bills sponsored and votes.”

Wasn’t Martin, who made a living as an attorney, Chair of the House Judiciary at one point?

7. Big Mack says:

He was atlantaman. He is not very well known except in Atlanta. He was in South Georgia last year campaigning and I met him. I asked him if he was a dem or a Republican. He said dem and I said “I am a Republican and I will not vote for you.”.
    Since then I have found out that he is a real liberal’s liberal. He never met a free social cause that he didn’t like. He might be an okay person but Georgia doesn’t need him in any type of government position.

8. rugby_fan says:

Yes. Martin’s got to be feeling pretty good right now.

Mr. Brockway,

what does Mr. Martin have to be happy about? He is trailing in the polls against a Republican candidate who has not done any serious campaigning and no one has been paying attention to this race.

9. conservativecore says:

Def might have missed the Reed crowd’s complaint about Casey in the primary but it will be even less effective for Jim Martin.

Jim is a nice guy and a strong and honest liberal. In fact he would still be a great head for DFACs, especially compared to some of the liberal hangers on that exist in state government (Lonnis).

The fact is Casey should win this race hands down, but I would take a Jim Martin who is an unabhed liberal over these Republicans for convenience. At least I know where he stands.

10. Bull Moose says:

Once the campaigns truly start up in terms of media buys and what not (LT. GOV RACE) you’ll see that Cagle really starts to build on his already strong and solid lead.

11. atlantaman says:

“I would take a Jim Martin who is an unabhed liberal over these Republicans for convenience.”

Amen to that. I’m sick and tired of these pretend Republicans just trying to pick the Party in favor.