Ineffective

September 16, 2006 14:15 pm

by Erick · 7 comments

I’ve started getting calls smearing Congressman Jim Marshall from something called the Economic Freedom Fund. You can listen to the lastest here.

I think they are ineffective and, calling on Saturdays while we’re watching football and taking me away from the TV, likely to backfire against Mac Collins.

Of course, should Collins contact these people and ask them to stop, that would be illegal coordination under the new FEC rules. So, look for the Economic Freedom Fund to sabotage Mac Collins’s campaign by pissing off voters who are trying to watch a football game, all the while trying to hurt Jim Marshall.

PlayPlay
Harry September 17, 2006 at 12:16 am

Could it be a “dirty trick”?

UGA Wins 2006 September 17, 2006 at 8:24 am

debbie0040 September 17, 2006 at 4:42 pm

I think it is a pretty good group. If I am not mistaken, Herman Cain is touting this group.

Bill Simon September 17, 2006 at 4:51 pm

Why would REAL football fans even bother answering the phone?

Hell, I know several that refused to attend Congressman John Linder’s 64th surprise birthday party because of why? “Yeah, I like Linder a lot, but that was a night for a Georgia game…”

Geez. Talk about people who have obsessive-compulsive behavior, talk to any UGA fan.

mercergirl September 17, 2006 at 5:20 pm

Its not obsessive-compulsive, its having ones priorities straight. ;) Go Dawgs! Besides Im so aggravated with politics myself at this moment that I would much rather stay by the tv during a game than answer the phone. If I got a phone call from that group I would let them know myself the mistake they had made. :)

Maurice Atkinson September 17, 2006 at 7:02 pm

Apparently the organization must be having some success. Marshall has begun airing ads to refute the claims. I think we may have a competitive race. Consider this, Collin’s people have been on the ground throughout the district heavily, Mac’s ads are effective (people like the work boots) and he has authority on the issues.

RuralDem September 18, 2006 at 7:36 pm

“Look for Marshall to pull out the stops now, desperation effrots to get back to DC where he can continue to pat himself on the back for his several years in the Army and continue to vote for Nancy Pelosi for Speaker.”

Motion to nominate this as one of the entries in a future “funnist post of the year” contest.

“I think we may have a competitive race. Consider this, Collin’s people have been on the ground throughout the district heavily, Mac’s ads are effective (people like the work boots) and he has authority on the issues.”

I agree that it will be competitive. I don’t dislike Collins’ at all, in fact, I agree with him on many issues. I just think he’s going about his campaign the wrong way. It’s just my opinion but phrases such as “it’s time to send a working man to Congress” and all of this stuff is unnecessary. Even if you do not agree with Congressman Marshall, you cannot attempt to portray him as someone who doesn’t work for his district. As I have stated many times, I am currently in his district though due to the redistricting my county is being moved back into Congressman Bishop’s district. Also, these ads portraying him as a Cynthia Mckinney, Nancy Pelosi liberal are sad. It’s sad that Collins’ campaign has to constantly use other figures in the Democratic Party to attack Marshall. This is not Mac Collins vs the Democratic Party, it’s Mac Collins vs Jim Marshall. I guess that’s what you have to do though when you cannot attack the Congressman on a majority of his views. Sure it might be smart “political strategy” but it’s unfortunant that this type of strategy is what’s popular today. The days of running against a person are gone, now everyone simply runs against the party.

Comments on this entry are closed.