For Erick

Erick seems to dislike the new tags. I really can’t say I like them either. However, you certainly have other options.

Speaking of which, I think we need a Friday afternoon open thread. For no other reason that to post this photo:

1. rugby_fan says:

I believe I said it (albeit with far less eloquence) on RGM.ogr that FSU wins its third national championship this year.

Looking forward to it.

2. GAWire says:

All I remember from that game was the announcer saying:

“And Auburn is bringing in their kicker for yet another ‘try’.”

3. Jace Walden says:

West Virginia will win the National Championship this year.

I am changing my original prediction about UGA. I think they’ll win the SEC East.

No non-USC Pac-10 teams deserve to be ranked in the Top 25.

Notre Dame is overrated.

Tennessee is overrated.

Ohio State will be the National Runner-up.

4. jsm says:

I say Ohio State sticks it to West Virginia, especially if WV gives up as many “stupid” yards as they did to MD. They should have beaten MD by 35.

And…

FSU ain’t winning no national championship after struggling to beat Troy.

I’m really looking forward to this weekend’s results. I think the SEC will be pretty well sorted out by tomorrow night. I see Auburn and Florida coming out winners. You Dawg fans better hope you look better against UAB than you did the last time around, as well.

5. rugby_fan says:

FSU was looking ahead to Clemson.

Still going to win a national championship. And I hope they do it either by beating WV or ND. Or anyone for that matter.

6. TPSoCal says:

I think the mighty Gators or Florida will win the SEC East, SEC championship and the BCS Championship! GO GATORS!

7. The Busdriver says:

WVU clearly has the best chance to run the table, as they have the easiest schedule in the history of college football.

Even if WVU runs the table, there’s a strong chance that a one loss team would play for the BCS championship, provided that team comes from the SEC, or if it’s OSU, USC, or Notre Dame.

Furthermore, if Miami whoops up on Louisville, as I think they will, that would further cement the Big Least’s role as Division 1-A’s only junior varsity conference.

And I say all this as someone who thinks that Morgantown is a great place to be on gameday.

And unless Bowden can figure out a way to play Buster Davis at LB AND QB, there’s no way FSU is playing for all the marbles. No leadership at the QB position.

8. jsm says:

Buzz,

A Tech fan myself, I hope you’re right. However, I think your predictions are mighty lofty considering the inconsistency of the Jackets under Gailey and the lack of improvement by Reggie Ball.

9. BulldawgGirl says:

GO DAWGS!!

If you are in Athens for the game tomorrow, the UGA College Republicans are having a tailgate in the President’s Garden on North Campus. It should be a good time!

10. Rusty says:

We’ll find out about Tennessee and Florida tonight. I have trouble believing the Auburn-LSU game is receiving any less hype than the Nebraska-USC game, but yet, somehow it is. East coast bias my ass.