Vote Our Values

Herman Cain has released a series of radio ads targeting black voters — making an appeal for why they should vote Republican. The ads are well done. You can listen to them here.

1. Mike Hauncho says:

Those are some good ads that get the point across. It is just a matter of whether or not they will be listened to and understood. Some many times when it comes to politics we immediately look to argue about the other side and fail to take the time to hear what the other side has to say first. We can learn from people with opposing views. I just hope the black voters will as well.

2. ColinATL says:

Wow, some of those aren’t bad, well-produced at the very least. But please, the David Duke ad? Saying that Democrats are with David Duke on terrorism? You can smell the desperation in the ad. It would have been nice if they, in the interest of full disclosure, had stated that David Duke was a REPUBLICAN state legislator in Louisiana.

Nevertheless, it’s hard to believe that the words of the radio ads will overcome the images of post-Katrina New Orleans.

3. mercergirl says:

Those were pretty amazing, however I have to agree with Colin: I doubt it’ll make a difference. Not only that but many will probly simply refer to Herman Cain as an “Uncle Tom”- I wonder what some of our Left-thinking colleagus would say about that? I truly am curious.

4. JasonW says:

I’m kinda biased I guess, as I love Herman, but those were really good ads. Mercergirl, He’s been referred to as a Uncle Tom for a long time, but hey, that goes with the territory

5. Mad Dog says:

debbie0040,

“start thinking for themsleves as many do when they become successful” … ?

So how did they become successful?

Wonderful contradiction of what you wanted to say.

So … following the instructions of James Meredith et al will make African Americans … successful … which is when they start thinking … that being successful isn’t a good thing?

Plus, you walked into … African Americans are not successful.

Not to mention that leaders can’t ostracize, only groups can.

It comes from the Greek, to banish through the process of a vote.

As it put it together, you come across as racist to the max.

Work on it. I hate when the NAACP does that “If it quacks like a duck…

6. Mad Dog says:

debbie0040,

“start thinking for themsleves as many do when they become successful” … ?

So how did they become successful?

Wonderful contradiction of what you wanted to say.

Plus, you walked into … African Americans are not successful.

Not to mention that leaders can’t ostracize, only groups can.

It comes from the Greek, to banish through the process of a vote.

As you put it together, you come across as racist to the max.

Work on it. I hate when the NAACP does that “If it quacks like a duck…