Amanda Leaves The Senate

I have only known Amanda Seals for about a year, but it has been one heck of year and she has always been very kind to me and Peach Pundit.

Eric Johnson announced this morning that Amanda is leaving his office for a position in the Perdue Administration. I certainly wish Amanda well and I know Senator Johnson is going to miss her. She did a tremendous job and Sonny is very lucky to have her on board.

1. Demonbeck says:

There is an article in the InsiderAdvantage on it, but I am not going to quote it. I’d hate for their lawyers to get in a tizzy.

2. Clint Austin says:

Hissy Fit – slight correction – Amanda is returning to her roots in comms work as the new communications director for DCH. DCH also has a new legislative liason, Carrie Downing, who is quite an addition as well.

3. shep1975 says:

GREATTTT!!! Now Amanda has told me to stop making fun of DCH. The DOI (Dept. of Insurance for Bill) treats the DCH like a red-headed step child.

4. Bull Moose says:

Amanda is a tough girl! She’s got a spit of fire in her and a great sense of humor! She’s done a great job for Eric Johnson.

5. dingleberry says:

I wonder if this has anything to do with the impending “Senate Shakeup” that is coming when Casey Cagle gets elected……

6. Clint Austin says:

Not related to any potential shakeup. Amanda has been COS during a great-but-tough time, and it takes a toll on a person in terms of long hours worked, time missed from family, etc. Most COS’s tend to need a breather after a few years, and Amanda has done it for over four years (which is frankly longer than most would do it). Her husband is also having success with his business (which Amanda somehow helps with too), so she will be able to spend more time with Paul and on the family business. Just a natural progression…

7. Clint Austin says:

Understood. Lots of rumors in today’s world – never know when to take them serious… 😉

8. AmandaSeals says:

“No one puts Baby in the corner!!!!”

That has been my nickname ever since Dirty Dancing came out, memberg!

You guys are correct that I am moving to the Dept. of Community Health. I will be on board as the Director of Communications. It should be a great challenge. The Governor’s office asked me to give it a shot and I am going to do my best.

It is very bittersweet to leave the Senate. The members of the caucus (and I mean ALL OF THEM) are a great group of men and women. I have been privileged to work for them. Senator Eric Johnson is an incredible public servant and the past 4+ years have been unreal. I am glad he has been my boss. I cannot think of a better person. He is genuine, humble and a Christian servant. The Senate staff is wonderful also. I can’t think of a better place to have worked.

Thanks for all the kind words!!
    Amanda