1. Congrats Columbus! Did anyone else notice the kid pitching for Georgia was throwing 76 mph. And the whole time they were showing the conversion speed of what it would be like from a Major League pitching mound. Thats right 99mph was the comparison, that’s fast. Columbus State University better be hosting the victory party or get over to that kids house quick.

2. debbie0040 says:

Great game and congrats. The sportscasters raved about Japan’s pitcher and how he would go the distance because he did not try to overpower hitters, he just used control. They had doubts about Carter going the distance because he tried to overpower the hitters with speed. Guess he erased all doubts.

Those were some big 12 year olds…

3. Mad Dog says:

Laughing My big parts off.

Thin skin? Why yes, I think so.

I can’t cheer you on?

Or, you can’t take it like you dish it out?

What exactly is funny about an old man in politics taking credit for a Little victory juxaposed to kids playing baseball as if their lives depended on winning every game?

Come back when you have kids and grand kids playing competitive sports.

I didn’t like your joke. You didn’t like mine.

Don’t whine about it.

4. Demonbeck says:

Mad Dog,

There is only one person on this blog whimpering and there was no discernible joke coming from any of your posts on this thread.

Jace’s quip was humorous and topical and if you can’t get that then maybe you ought to go back to licking yourself or playing fetch.

Oh, and I do have a child playing competitive sports, so I guess I am qualified to say this.

5. Jace Walden says:

Laughing My big parts off.

That probably didn’t take too long.

The point is, Mad Dog (if that is your real name), that you made the mistake of taking what I said seriously. In other words, you didn’t get the joke. It’s not about whether you liked it or not. It’s about you being so overly sensitive (see your other posts on Peach Pundit), that you couldn’t take the extra 2 seconds that it would have required for you to see that it was a joke.

Don’t try to play it off with your “you can’t take what you can dish-out” BS. Just admit that you didn’t get the joke. I’d be happy to explain it to you. 😉

6. Mad Dog says:

Just a difference of opinion that can’t be reconciled, Jace.

It’s not funny to me. You didn’t like being the subject of a parody. You didn’t see the irony in it.

Humor is a matter of taste and I have none. Humor or taste.

Hence the ‘Mad Dog” name. A sick animal that bites even the hands that want to help it.

Now, do you get all my puns?

7. Mad Dog says:

Jeff,

My buddy knew me 30 years ago. And, he says the same things now as he did 30 years ago. We’re still buddies.